Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 12-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #371
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Question... people have commented how Hades has been pushed back in favor of naked girls. This seems true. My question is why? Is it for sales or is it to give your paint team a chance to get up to speed on more complex paint jobs like the Hades armor? It seems to me that the in house releases have a more limited range of color than the factory produced stuff.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #372
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Question... people have commented how Hades has been pushed back in favor of naked girls. This seems true. My question is why? Is it for sales or is it to give your paint team a chance to get up to speed on more complex paint jobs like the Hades armor? It seems to me that the in house releases have a more limited range of color than the factory produced stuff.
I don't speak for ARH but I saw in a different thread or maybe on FB that Spencer said Arahom is still working on getting Serberus right. He said he isn't quite happy with it and is still sculpting on it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #373
Spencer T.
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Hades has been pushed back. Despite speculation, it is not because we are pushing more female statues nor is it because of the paint application. Arahom knows that the Hades statue is one that you guys have been waiting a long time for and he wants to do his best to nail the theme as much as possible. So he is taking his time on it and pushing through statues that are easier for him to sculpt.

Rest assured that the God of the Underworld is coming...
Spencer T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #374
The13thWarlock

You tell him to keep the naked chicks coming...
Old 12-19-2016, 09:40 PM   #375
House

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrchrd62 View Post
I believe the Valkyrie is 21 inches from the end of the base to the top of her head. The 3 feet comment on Facebook is because someone asked what a rough height of her with the spear would be, as the spear is several inches taller than the Valkyrie is.
Spencer, So the actual height of the the piece is 36 inches tall? Not the product listed of 21inches tall? Was under the impression that the overall height was 21 inches
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:20 PM   #376
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:

yeah and the 3 headed dog
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #377
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:

If we are going to go that route maybe something based on Alex Horley of Stacy Walker? Don't know if that's feasible but something we don't see every day

TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #378
Spencer T.
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Spencer, So the actual height of the the piece is 36 inches tall? Not the product listed of 21inches tall? Was under the impression that the overall height was 21 inches
I have measured the statue again and had Arahom confirm the measurement. The statue is 21 inches tall.
Spencer T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:23 PM   #379
House

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrchrd62 View Post
I have measured the statue again and had Arahom confirm the measurement. The statue is 21 inches tall.
Thank you for your response Spencer. Just to be clear, from the top of the Spear it is 21 inches tall? Overall height involved. Sorry just trying make sure on the dimensions.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #380
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post

If we are going to go that route maybe something based on Alex Horley of Stacy Walker? Don't know if that's feasible but something we don't see every day

Of course I like those... but that's like asking the fat guy if he likes cakes and pie.