Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-09-2018, 06:50 AM   #291
BurningRage
Inhumans

Prime 1 Slan going up this week. Might hurt sales on this.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #292
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Don't forget it's validation day today! There will be a live stream countdown.

Edit : Live stream is going and you can Validate in 1 hour. Remember if you place an order over the last few days you need to validate for your day 1 bonuses!

All the info you need is here https://www.first4figures.com/blog/h...pre-order.html
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:31 PM   #293
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

definitely going for the bloody regular, will pick it up from retailer later at a discount.

I was really disappointed with the ex, it doesn't do anything for me. And if i am being honest, it is a distraction and takes away from the whole statue. Guts/berserk is all about blood and well guts, brutal violence, grim and dark. Here you got some light up shining purple blob essentially at the base, very distracting and just doesn't go with the theme. The ex should have been a pile of corpses or bloody body parts like what prime did. And it's $200 more with shipping

I really like the pose and sculpt of guts though, f4f took some risk and didn't do a standard pose like prime1, well done!
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:29 AM   #294
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Is it true the edition size for the EX will remain open until it reaches a 1000 units then it goes into production? What happens if it doesn’t hit a 1000? Is the line in jeopardy?

Will this be the case moving forward with F4F, I noticed their previous anime lines on hold which sucks as I was hoping to see more characters from Samurai Champloo and One Punch Man.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:04 AM   #295
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Is it true the edition size for the EX will remain open until it reaches a 1000 units
they will address this on Fridays Q&A. not sure yet

but it sounded like sales weren't where they would like them to be.
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:15 AM   #296
cosmic
Mephisto

it took them way too long to finally offer this. Most of the people jumped on the prime 1 version.
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:45 AM   #297
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
definitely going for the bloody regular, will pick it up from retailer later at a discount.

I was really disappointed with the ex, it doesn't do anything for me. And if i am being honest, it is a distraction and takes away from the whole statue. Guts/berserk is all about blood and well guts, brutal violence, grim and dark. Here you got some light up shining purple blob essentially at the base, very distracting and just doesn't go with the theme. The ex should have been a pile of corpses or bloody body parts like what prime did. And it's $200 more with shipping

I really like the pose and sculpt of guts though, f4f took some risk and didn't do a standard pose like prime1, well done!
Yeah, the Ex base is a miss for me too, even though it's actually fairly thematic. The death knell for me was seeing the (hilarious) images on FB of the F4F team handling the rather phallic base.

Still, I hope it does well enough to warrant a Skull Knight. I think that's F4F's real opportunity with this license, as there will be quite a few collectors who will not be able to afford Prime 1's version with the horse.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:11 AM   #298
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Yeah, the Ex base is a miss for me too, even though it's actually fairly thematic. The death knell for me was seeing the (hilarious) images on FB of the F4F team handling the rather phallic base.

Still, I hope it does well enough to warrant a Skull Knight. I think that's F4F's real opportunity with this license, I think, as there will be quite a few collectors who will not be able to afford Prime 1's version with the horse.
Guts F4F version is not bad but their price tag is too high for what they offer especially compared to what P1 offer, my opinion of course.
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:21 AM   #299
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
Guts F4F version is not bad but their price tag is too high for what they offer especially compared to what P1 offer, my opinion of course.
Agreed if we are talking about the Ex, but $600 for a regular vs. $1000 for P1 is a pretty big difference. If money was an object, then I’d have considered the F4F piece for the relative “value.”
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #300
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Is it true the edition size for the EX will remain open until it reaches a 1000 units then it goes into production?
from the newsletter:

"Because 1,000 pieces weren't sold during the initial 2-week pre-order period, pre-orders will remain open until before production starts. As of 20 April 2018, there have been just under 570 pre-orders."
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote