Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-16-2021, 10:01 PM   #51
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

That bloody Goblin mask. Who was the other massless goblin in the green/purple gear?

We still haven?t seen villain #6 who I guess will be a surprise. Still lots to pick from.

1. Sandman
2. Electro
3. Lizard
4. Otto
5. Goblin
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:36 PM   #52
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I mean I’m still going with 6 might be Mephisto.

I’ve watched the trailer twice and that will be it. No more internet searching for me until I see the film

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Nice trailer. So far Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Venom are the villains and i saw Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man, i believe, but not without mask. There was a scene like Spider-Man vs Doc Ock train scene in second Raimi film. May be Tom Holland Spider-Man comes at that moment, but then Goblin was alive ? l wonder how Doc Ock and Goblin are ressuracted ?
Well that?s the issue, the came from a multiverse before they died in theirs. That?s why it?s touching when Holland?s Peter says he doesn?t want them to die / he doesn?t want anybody to die. Total SpiderMan right there.

I?m not sure what all I just watched in the trailer, it?s a TON of characters but I?ve like all of Hollands movies so far and this will be good too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:27 AM   #53
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I mean I?m still going with 6 might be Mephisto.

I?ve watched the trailer twice and that will be it. No more internet searching for me until I see the film

Well that?s the issue, the came from a multiverse before they died in theirs. That?s why it?s touching when Holland?s Peter says he doesn?t want them to die / he doesn?t want anybody to die. Total SpiderMan right there.

I?m not sure what all I just watched in the trailer, it?s a TON of characters but I?ve like all of Hollands movies so far and this will be good too.
Though, Tom Holland's Spider-Man suit has an Instant kill mode...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:37 AM   #54
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Though, Tom Holland's Spider-Man suit has an Instant kill mode...
Yes, which he only used against mindless space monsters that were attempting to rip him apart.

Context is important.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:11 AM   #55
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yea, he won't kill mindlessly and only if he has to. Like any other hero. It's always amusing to me how X-Men say not to kill, especially humans. However, are they checking up on the people Storm hits with lightning, Cyclops rocks with an optic beam, or Wolverine glances with his claws? I just assume there is a hell of a lot of collateral unintended deaths that nobody mentions, but they didn't intend to land fatal blows.

That is one thing I enjoyed about the Civil War comics and movie - somebody finally addressing the elephant in the room of how much damage is done by "heroes".
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 02:33 PM   #56
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Yea, he won't kill mindlessly and only if he has to. Like any other hero. It's always amusing to me how X-Men say not to kill, especially humans. However, are they checking up on the people Storm hits with lightning, Cyclops rocks with an optic beam, or Wolverine glances with his claws? I just assume there is a hell of a lot of collateral unintended deaths that nobody mentions, but they didn't intend to land fatal blows.

That is one thing I enjoyed about the Civil War comics and movie - somebody finally addressing the elephant in the room of how much damage is done by "heroes".
They are amateurs. Batman doesn't do damage.
Old 11-17-2021, 04:42 PM   #57
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
I mean I?m still going with 6 might be Mephisto.
"They all died fighting Spiderman"...that has to apply to #6 OR he has to come from the current universe. That leaves Venom (died in other universe), Mysterio, Vulture, Kraven, Scorpion, and Shocker.

They wont bring in Venom for this. He wont fit.

Mysterio...hes dead unless he also died in an alternate universe and was brought to the current one.

Scorpion has made a quick cameo but I dont see them building a story around him here. There wont be time for new introductions. Same with Kraven.

Vulture is a strong candidate. But is he enough of a character to hide from the public right now??

Shocker wouldnt make for an exciting surprise which has been intentionally omitted from the commercials.

Im guessing its Vulture or Mysterio. The only reason to hide the character from the commercials is because the fact this character is alive or free is intertwined with the currnet storyline.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:17 PM   #58
bmcd1985
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post

They wont bring in Venom for this. He wont fit.

He?s officially in the MCU as of the end of Let There Be Carnage
bmcd1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:17 AM   #59
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Venom was also in one of the no way home trailers.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:25 AM   #60
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcd1985 View Post
He?s officially in the MCU as of the end of Let There Be Carnage
Yes but the character, as developed so far, is not being played as a villain and he?s yet to meet spiderman let alone three of them. He?ll find a place but I don?t think it?s right now.