Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 03-03-2021, 08:23 PM   #411
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
Hi Zach, is there an ETA of release date for the Penguin/Phantasm/Riddler/Clayface/Mr Freeze & Scarecrow busts at all yet?
Some are in the warehouse. But not all. I do not get notifications when re-stocks ship, so I am not sure of in-store dates.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:22 AM   #412
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
Some are in the warehouse. But not all. I do not get notifications when re-stocks ship, so I am not sure of in-store dates.
Ok thanks Zach
JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:22 AM   #413
JAG2045

From the latest Ask DST Blog

Do you plan on still offering more Batman the animated series busts ? There are still characters like Nightwing, Scarface, Harvey Bullock to do. Plus characters from the Justice League like The Huntress, Black Canary.

DSTChuck: I am sorry, right now the BTAS bust line is on hold

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/bl...lect-and-more/
Old 03-04-2021, 10:31 AM   #414
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
From the latest Ask DST Blog

Do you plan on still offering more Batman the animated series busts ? There are still characters like Nightwing, Scarface, Harvey Bullock to do. Plus characters from the Justice League like The Huntress, Black Canary.

DSTChuck: I am sorry, right now the BTAS bust line is on hold

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/bl...lect-and-more/
this sucks. As I've said dozen of times, they're sitting on a goldmine here with the TAS busts!!
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #415
DSTZach
Distributor

We mined it pretty hard, it's not like we released a few and called it a day. The more obscure the character, the fewer we sell. Even these six reissues did not do big numbers. That said, we'd certainly like to make more!

Last edited by DSTZach; 03-05-2021 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:49 PM   #416
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
We mined it pretty hard, it's not like we released a few and called it a day. The more obscure the character, the fewer we sell. Even these six reissues did not do big numbers. That said, we'd certainly like to make more!
I respectfully disagree. This is actually what you guys do. Yes, you guys did "mined" Batman TAS very well. But what about the other TAS line?? You made 3 original sculpts of Batman Beyond, hoping to get the same success as with Batman TAS. That can be said with all the other lines too. You guys DID try with Supes and the JLU, but again no success. My real gripes with the JLU was the choices. I mean, I like the others but would rather have had the original line-up. Being that you guys were testing the waters. AND let's not forget Deathstroke which was from Brave and the Bold. Let's call that one and done, right?? If the problem is the busts don't sell well, instead of making 3 thousand make 2,500.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:56 PM   #417
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Thanks for putting these out here. I realize you took a risk and released obscure characters and as for that I personally did my part to pick them up. My goal being to complete the animated bust line in entirety.
The JL Unlimited looked like it was getting off to a good start with Green Arrow and Shazam, which I picked up and was hoping for more. The Superman series started off nice, but would have been nice to get a Bizarro.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:15 PM   #418
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
I respectfully disagree. This is actually what you guys do. Yes, you guys did "mined" Batman TAS very well. But what about the other TAS line?? You made 3 original sculpts of Batman Beyond, hoping to get the same success as with Batman TAS. That can be said with all the other lines too. You guys DID try with Supes and the JLU, but again no success. My real gripes with the JLU was the choices. I mean, I like the others but would rather have had the original line-up. Being that you guys were testing the waters. AND let's not forget Deathstroke which was from Brave and the Bold. Let's call that one and done, right?? If the problem is the busts don't sell well, instead of making 3 thousand make 2,500.
I was talking about the Batman line, wasn't really thinking about Superman, JLU, Beyond. You're right, we didn't hit those as hard. But the orders were not as strong for those as they were for Batman, or I'm sure we would have continued. Batman is obviously the flagship of that shared universe.

And if you think we are only pulling the trigger if we can make 3000 of a piece, obviously we are not, because we just made more of six villains who did not reach 3,000 pieces on their initial runs. We make largely to order with some extra built in for re-orders. It doesn't need to hit 3,000, or even 2500, but if the orders are exceptionally low, below the break-even point, then we generally do not go ahead. We can't produce these pieces at a loss. Fortunately, we did not have to cancel any TAS busts that I can recall.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:23 PM   #419
heirtoasguard

thank you for answering Zach. But I still think more can be done with the other TAS lines.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:04 PM   #420
JAG2045

Thanks Zach and the rest of DST for this line, I have bought pretty much all of them (barring the Black & White ones and some of the variant ones) and its been a great line

I guess one thing we can consider is that Chuck said the line is "on hold" rather than "cancelled" so there's hope it could come back at some point