Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #321
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
...But everyone they've made a speedster is actually a Speedster in the comics...I actually like this show for being as faithful as they have been.
Maybe a better mix of his Rogue's and allies is in order? Having so many speedsters takes away from his originality. Nothing special about his powers when everyone and their mother has them too.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #322
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Thank you.

Still enjoying Flash a good deal myself. The characters and chemistry is fun to watch. Can't say the same about Arrow - the only CW hero show that's painful to sit through for me. And I gotta give Legends of Tomorrow credit for really improving from a terrible Season 1.
You mean Bat-Arrow or Green-Bat or whatever they're trying to do on that abortion of a Green Arrow show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Maybe a better mix of his Rogue's and allies is in order? Having so many speedsters takes away from his originality. Nothing special about his powers when everyone and their mother has them too.
Maybe, I loved the Grodd episodes. I'm actually a little surprised CW is giving the show the budget for some of the effects they've had, but I would like to see another "gathering" of the Rogues especially since we've seen so many now.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:10 PM   #323
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
...But everyone they've made a speedster is actually a Speedster in the comics...I actually like this show for being as faithful as they have been.
Maybe 3-4 seasons is its limit so. Same for Arrow although I have enjoyed this season more than the previous two.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:58 PM   #324
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

I read that next season's big bad will not be a speedster.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #325
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I read that next season's big bad will not be a speedster.
That'll be great as long as I can make it until next season and it isn't the return Captain Cold.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:58 PM   #326
Gruson
Suicide Squad

While Arrow has been pretty bad lately, I still love Legends and Flash. Arrow seasons 1-2 were incredible but the new cast this season is just terrrible.

Flash is great, even the musical episode worked.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:47 AM   #327
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
While Arrow has been pretty bad lately, I still love Legends and Flash. Arrow seasons 1-2 were incredible but the new cast this season is just terrrible.

Flash is great, even the musical episode worked.
I wasn't crazy about the new cast either but they have gotten better the last several episodes... Now that Mr. Terrific has his T balls his character seems to fit in better with the series. The last few episodes with the new Canary is way better then Laurel ever was, although it takes a bit to get used to the black hair since Black Canary has always been blonde.

The best thing about season 5 is the more darker overtones.

As far as The Flash goes, I think the writers screwed up by making to many speedsters in the series followed by an annoying typical girlfriend story. The whole GF thing should just be a side note with Iris only being on the show part time. Having Iris in every episode makes no sense since she's not a hero or scientist and her character is just not interesting.

The show feels like it's gone off the rails and is going down the Smallville route (after the original creators left the show) with lots of bad episodes....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:35 AM   #328
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I wasn't crazy about the new cast either but they have gotten better the last several episodes... Now that Mr. Terrific has his T balls his character seems to fit in better with the series. The last few episodes with the new Canary is way better then Laurel ever was, although it takes a bit to get used to the black hair since Black Canary has always been blonde.

The best thing about season 5 is the more darker overtones.

As far as The Flash goes, I think the writers screwed up by making to many speedsters in the series followed by an annoying typical girlfriend story. The whole GF thing should just be a side note with Iris only being on the show part time. Having Iris in every episode makes no sense since she's not a hero or scientist and her character is just not interesting.

The show feels like it's gone off the rails and is going down the Smallville route (after the original creators left the show) with lots of bad episodes....
Yeah I can't agree with that. Iris is pretty integral to the plot right now with everything that is going on and I'm actually glad to see the family of speedsters which is pretty huge in the Flash mythology. I actually kinda wish they'd just bring Jay into Earth 1 as a confidant/mentor to Barry.

Arrow on the other hand is terrible. If they aren't basically ripping off Batman stories for the plot line, they're making Oliver out to be something he's never been, a sociopath. I really wish they'd take Arrow in a different direction completely. While I don't mind some of the team when Curtis isn't being Mr. Terrific he's completely annoying and Wild Dog might be the most worthless character in the entire show. I do like the new Canary, it's a shame they finally got her attitude correct and it's not with Laurel.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:44 AM   #329
built2shred
Phoenix

The way I would rate the seasons would be:

The Flash
Season 1 - 9.5
Season 2 - 9.0
Season 3 - 6.0

Arrow
Season 1 - 9.5
Season 2 - 9.0
Season 3 - 6.5
Season 4 - 5.0
Season 5 - (1st half 6.0, 2nd half 8.5)
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:02 PM   #330
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The way I would rate the seasons would be:

The Flash
Season 1 - 9.5
Season 2 - 9.0
Season 3 - 6.0

Arrow
Season 1 - 9.5
Season 2 - 9.0
Season 3 - 6.5
Season 4 - 5.0
Season 5 - (1st half 6.0, 2nd half 8.5)
Agreed, although I'd give Flash season 3 a 7.
Legends is a solid 8 too.
I quit watching Supergirl but do like it when she is in the other shows. Her supporting cast is just terrible though.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote