Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-18-2023, 08:22 AM   #1
craigcliff1
Zot

PCS Street Fighter 1/4 1/3 on hold other than Swimsuit

This was a comment from Ant a year ago that I found. Someone asked about SF statues so did some reading Sagat and Bison tanked so they put Balrog Ken on
hold. Just the 1/2 Akuma getting a statue, swimsuit and bust much as I can tell
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 01:31 PM   #2
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Akuma on swimsuit? they gonna give him red speedos.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 02:14 PM   #3
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

This is misleading.

As you yourself said, this is from a year ago. Yes, 1/4 and 1/3 haven't seen anything lately, but SF6 just came out.

Matt said in February:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
Much more street fighter coming. 1:10 scale street jam line. More season pass swimsuits (I haven't seen anything for Kimberly yet). And an eventual return to the classic museum line with all new sculpts. That will likely start with the AAA roster, but there will be potential for later characters too. I can't stress enough how much supporting a line leads to rare characters being made. We have production minimums and we have to know these B characters will be popular enough to be made and sold. (I personally like the Ultra line the best, but I'm told the juice isn't worth the squeeze with those, so we will see if it goes past blanka)

1/3 Ken is on pause for now. 1/2 scale akuma is next for the high end stuff.

Chun Li bust pre order is in q2 I believe

I can all but guarantee sf6 will be in our stable. We haven't planned what yet. Let's see how the game does and who the popular fighters turn out to be.
So I'll be expecting more in the coming months.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 03:32 PM   #4
BurningRage
Inhumans

Was looking forward to 1/3 Ken.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 05:20 PM   #5
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

My guess though, is that PCS were using the 1/10 line as another barometer for Street Fighter success, and they're probably not seeing the numbers they want.

Several loud voices in the fb echo chamber, however.

Still unsure why Ant made that "game changing" announcement, but then this line doesn't apply. Open ES - doubt it attracts many people.

I don't believe Ant is as big a fan of Street Fighter as Jerry was, but I believe he's trying to find something that works for them. Wonder if "Part 2" of their game changing plans this fall will elaborate on Street Fighter?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 06:34 PM   #6
Yamato
Justice League

Where is the 1/2 Akuma? It feels like it has been ages without news, kind of leads to losing interest...
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 06:37 PM   #7
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

So the 1/2 scale Akuma will be part of the swimsuit line? Now that is a gamechanger!
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 10:01 PM   #8
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
My guess though, is that PCS were using the 1/10 line as another barometer for Street Fighter success, and they're probably not seeing the numbers they want.

Several loud voices in the fb echo chamber, however.

Still unsure why Ant made that "game changing" announcement, but then this line doesn't apply. Open ES - doubt it attracts many people.

I don't believe Ant is as big a fan of Street Fighter as Jerry was, but I believe he's trying to find something that works for them. Wonder if "Part 2" of their game changing plans this fall will elaborate on Street Fighter?
The 1/10th line? Thought the point was that was supposed to be the everyman always available line ? Making it limited never seemed to fit the goals with that one.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote