Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #31
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
There is something odd with the unmasked face. Her lips look funky, and some angles it almost seems like her lips are pursed, and she's puffing out her cheeks with air in her mouth. I've stopped getting all recent bishoujos due to the prices, that will continue with this one. Koto, your prices are driving people away. Come on.
She's pouting so I think it looks fine, maybe they initially were going to make the lower lip a bit bigger but changed their mind after the sculpt was done
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:18 PM   #32
kikoken
Shadowhawk

I’d rather they used a less puffy cheeked alt face. A growl mouth would ve been more suitable. Or a cheeky smile for the alt face and a growl lip for the masked head?

Still a beauty tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
She's pouting so I think it looks fine, maybe they initially were going to make the lower lip a bit bigger but changed their mind after the sculpt was done
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:37 AM   #33
Gothichand
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post
I’d rather they used a less puffy cheeked alt face. A growl mouth would ve been more suitable. Or a cheeky smile for the alt face and a growl lip for the masked head?

Still a beauty tho

Maybe they'll release another "angry" version due to feedbacks and demand...Can't believe they'd make the same mistake again with a Wolverine's expression tho...maybe they thought people all forgot about that previous one lol!
Gothichand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:02 AM   #34
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I did this to help illustrate the weird lip sculpt that I am seeing.

Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:15 AM   #35
elvirawynter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post

Still a beauty tho
Can see an X-Force variant coming in with that really!
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #36
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
And that price has went from stupid to ridiculous. Stupid was when they all hit $100. I was still stupid enough to buy them. You like what you like. But even I have to just draw the line on stylized PVC figures. They look as great as ever. But that's the issue. The price has skyrocketed but the consumer is getting nothing more. Sorry for the rant but I love this line and Koto in general and while I see a comeback in the Fine art scale (prices have jumped there too) here in my beloved Bishoujo scale the pricing have been just outrageous. I mean how long until we are at $150 US? I know the pricing talk is futile and I'm in no way knocking people paying. We are in an overpriced hobby across the board. But man it just seems like these are not giving any value back to the consumer for the dollar.

Pretty much everything I wanted to say, but I try to restrain from giving my full thoughts on stuff like this. I try to focus on the positive aspects and roll past the other stuff. I kinda felt like I went a little too far with what I actually did post.

How long until this line has a base of $150 US? With the way things are going, I'd guess by the end of this year.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:01 PM   #37
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirawynter View Post
Can see an X-Force variant coming in with that really!
Take my money!!!
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:17 AM   #38
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

Pretty much everything I wanted to say, but I try to restrain from giving my full thoughts on stuff like this. I try to focus on the positive aspects and roll past the other stuff. I kinda felt like I went a little too far with what I actually did post.

How long until this line has a base of $150 US? With the way things are going, I'd guess by the end of this year.
Not just Koto but all companies started exploit the hobbyists..
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:14 PM   #39
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Not just Koto but all companies started exploit the hobbyists..
So true. I tend to be harsher on Koto (and Iron Studios) because they seemed like reasonable champions for collectors, but did an abrupt and harsh 180 into the dark side. Most of the others did steady steps into insanity, which I don't like and won't support... but I understand and kinda respect from a business aspect.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:19 PM   #40
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
And that price has went from stupid to ridiculous. Stupid was when they all hit $100. I was still stupid enough to buy them. You like what you like. But even I have to just draw the line on stylized PVC figures. They look as great as ever. But that's the issue. The price has skyrocketed but the consumer is getting nothing more. Sorry for the rant but I love this line and Koto in general and while I see a comeback in the Fine art scale (prices have jumped there too) here in my beloved Bishoujo scale the pricing have been just outrageous. I mean how long until we are at $150 US? I know the pricing talk is futile and I'm in no way knocking people paying. We are in an overpriced hobby across the board. But man it just seems like these are not giving any value back to the consumer for the dollar.
Agreed. And is the main reason I've all but stopped collecting them. I think I have one of the MLP ones on preorder and thats it. I loved the horror ones too, but it seems they have slowed down with those.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote