Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-17-2023, 12:02 PM   #21
Mister H
Gen 13

Nice looking piece but $1300 for a 1/6 scale statue? Instead of the statue I'd rather have what Weta is smoking.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 02:21 PM   #22
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
I think that Titus was a great choice for a mandatory space marine. That being said and after seeing the price, I kinda wish that they did these in reg. 1/6 scale rather than actual 1/6, he's very pricey... But he does look awesome.

I do wish that they do some actual human-sized characters after the Living saint and the Despoiler. Eisenhorn would be dreamy for all of the 40K novel fans and maybe affordable as well
Celestine is kinda normal sized, I mean the armor makes her bigger but she's not SM sized. They look like they are still making her quite sizeable with the base though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowzey View Post
I am hopeful for the line with the fact they have 4 already lined up. Price is a bit off putting but between that price and having an open edition the fomo isn't really kicking in. May grab Titus down the line.
Their ES expectations seem kinda nuts :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post

Nice looking piece but $1300 for a 1/6 scale statue? Instead of the statue I'd rather have what Weta is smoking.
While it's 1/6th it's true 1/6th so Titus himself is almost normal 1/4th scale size. Overall it's about 2' tall and this is the size of the hormagaunt print

My HMO 1/6th gully (which is way bigger than an SM like Titus cause he's a primarch) is actually bigger than a 1/4th character. So yeah it's pricey but it's more like pricey for a 1/4th.

If you are in the US and want to order SF has it with free shipping so you can save the $170+ there. $1,200 for the regular and $1,400 if you feel like paying $200 for a thunder hammer and some extra blood effects on the chainsword.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 12:38 AM   #23
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
$1,200 for the regular and $1,400 if you feel like paying $200 for a thunder hammer and some extra blood effects on the chainsword.
That?s the only difference right? Basically the hammer swap out? The added plastic blood effect actually made the sword look worse.

After in the hobby for 20+ years few things get me excited nowadays and this is one of them. Looks epic, very nicely executed. But cannot justify the price..after shipping and tax $1600+

Given they have an open edition that has same swappable heads, will just wait for a sale in a year or two before pulling the trigger. Open edition means they will be available for a very long time, with added bonus of seeing inhand photos first before purchase. I appreciate weta didn’t release this only as a limited edition, which will force my hand.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 04:35 AM   #24
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
That?s the only difference right? Basically the hammer swap out? The added plastic blood effect actually made the sword look worse.

After in the hobby for 20+ years few things get me excited nowadays and this is one of them. Looks epic, very nicely executed. But cannot justify the price..after shipping and tax $1600+

Given they have an open edition that has same swappable heads, will just wait for a sale in a year or two before pulling the trigger. Open edition means they will be available for a very long time, with added bonus of seeing inhand photos first before purchase. I appreciate weta didn?t release this only as a limited edition, which will force my hand.
The extra stand for switch out weapon but yeah that's pretty much it, hammer + 2 small things for an extra $200.

Dunno where you live but if it's US I would certainly order from spec with their free shipping.
Old 11-19-2023, 06:18 PM   #25
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anyone know the scales of Celestine? I be willing to get both Titus and Celestine if Celestine is in the 1/4 scale, size wise. Titus is 1/6, but is in the 1/4 scale so he is ok in my book. I don't collect anything as small like in 1/6 scale. It's less about the scale and more about the size of the statue for me.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 10:44 PM   #26
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
Anyone know the scales of Celestine? I be willing to get both Titus and Celestine if Celestine is in the 1/4 scale, size wise. Titus is 1/6, but is in the 1/4 scale so he is ok in my book. I don't collect anything as small like in 1/6 scale. It's less about the scale and more about the size of the statue for me.
They never officially confirmed but it should be the same 1/6, why would weta make the ultramarine in 1/6 and Celestine in 1/4? A better question yet, why would you want to display two different scales, it?s so much better to have the statues in a series to be in same scale vs same height. The only exception is probably antman and wasp.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:52 PM   #27
dao2
Cyclops

Indeed they haven't said either way but I assume they would be the same scale, so Celestine is probably going to be smaller in size. It looks like they are making up for it by having quite a large base to make the total size to be roughly the same.

I think true scale 1/6 is a great size for War hammer stuff that way you can have a lot of good stuff in the proper true scale and it still be great cause sizes vary wildly. Additionally the original annoucement only mentioned they were going to create 1/6th scale statues so that adds more to only being 6th scale.
Old 11-20-2023, 03:03 PM   #28
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Their ES expectations seem kinda nuts :<

My HMO 1/6th gully (which is way bigger than an SM like Titus cause he's a primarch) is actually bigger than a 1/4th character. So yeah it's pricey but it's more like pricey for a 1/4th.

If you are in the US and want to order SF has it with free shipping so you can save the $170+ there. $1,200 for the regular and $1,400 if you feel like paying $200 for a thunder hammer and some extra blood effects on the chainsword.

Indeed Edition size should be approx.1300 in total.
The HMO Guilliman Dio ES was 999 total and Logan Grimnar only 699 ES.

Webtext is bit vague about both heads, but indeed Weta deluxe version extras are the thunderhammer and second type chainsword plus loose base for each.
Imo 500 Deluxe and 800 Regular or something would be more inline with global demand.
Large ES of 2000+ that does not sell well, can delay quick PO flow with next figures from this line.
I like the look of Abaddon too. Think he will get switchout hand with large axe next to his previewed left hand with demonsword. I can't see him getting any other switchouts.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 04:03 PM   #29
dao2
Cyclops

If anyone is interested there is a follow up zorpazorp video on the painting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgtDW1TsecM
Old 03-04-2024, 08:01 PM   #30
dao2
Cyclops

For the relics whatever thing GW has going they showed some in progress pics of Abaddon