Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-20-2022, 01:17 PM   #3091
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Does anyone think that due to the hands and wrist blades positioned in a downward position, that they might lose their magnetism over time and fall out?
Add a thin Neodymium.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:54 PM   #3092
Python
Omega Red

Looking at those pictures again, I'm wondering wjat went wrong with their City hunter. I mean it looks okay, but compared to this JH, it looks like a bare minimum effort job with an awkward pose and a base that simply doesn't compare...

Quote:
Does anyone think that due to the hands and wrist blades positioned in a downward position, that they might lose their magnetism over time and fall out?
Not personally, it's my experience so far that Prime 1 use really strong magnets.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:09 PM   #3093
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Looking at those pictures again, I'm wondering wjat went wrong with their City hunter. I mean it looks okay, but compared to this JH, it looks like a bare minimum effort job with an awkward pose and a base that simply doesn't compare...
i think this piece is extremely important to Prime 1. I know we laugh and Gary said they are passionate about making money (which is true). but the attention to detail on this piece and the care is off the charts. Even the layout of the base is absolutely gorgeous. The position of the plants and rocks just creates this beautiful, tasteful environment that compliments the statue. Meanwhile the P2 base is just a themed base he stands on, not complimenting the flow of the piece.

I can't wait to get this piece. i think it's genuinely and legitimately the greatest statue to ever be put up for Pre-Order in the short history of this hobby.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:46 PM   #3094
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Supposedly a typical magnet loses 0.1% of its strength every ten years, so we're talking centuries before it weakens enough for the hands to fall out. Unless you chip off the polystone and hammer at the magnet itself or heat it with a heat gun, you should be fine.

Come to think of it, the magnets may well outlast every other material used on these things.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:47 PM   #3095
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i think this piece is extremely important to Prime 1. I know we laugh and Gary said they are passionate about making money (which is true). but the attention to detail on this piece and the care is off the charts. Even the layout of the base is absolutely gorgeous. ...

I can't wait to get this piece. i think it's genuinely and legitimately the greatest statue to ever be put up for Pre-Order in the short history of this hobby.

What you say is very true but Prime1's dedication could be a double edge sword. This statue is just a tall order for Chinese mass production.

The finished product of their Big Chap bodes well for pleasing outcome on this piece.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:51 PM   #3096
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The finished product of their Big Chap bodes well for pleasing outcome on this piece.
Now if they can just pack this safely...
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:07 PM   #3097
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Thought of that, one solution Super Glue or as you chaps call it Crazy glue.
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:58 AM   #3098
bladou20
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
Thought of that, one solution Super Glue or as you chaps call it Crazy glue.
Pretty much what I will be doing with my Lobo. The magnet was missing from one of his left arms. I always thought these magnets were cast with the individual statue part to keep them from falling out. Prime 1 sold me one to put in place though.
bladou20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:58 PM   #3099
SDguy

Did we know the DX Bonus ES was set to 999? I guess I just missed it in this thread if so.... or forgot. What month are we in? How early before release do the delay notices start?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:58 AM   #3100
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Since I ordered from Secret Compass, I don't expect this until late 2023 if not 2024.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote