Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-13-2022, 05:08 AM   #351
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
but what's really the point of the med kit? It feels more like a HT accessory. Is it supposed to be displayed separately? It just seems kinda pointless to add more into the cost of something that would definitely have sold well if it were cheaper. No doubt in my mind all of the JH busts would've done well in sales if they were priced at $500. If that means losing the med kit and light up, that would have worked for most folks. If all of the busts end up going through production, I imagine they will all be on sale in the future.
I agree, although the actual extended part on the rear of the closed mouth busts body looks a lot nicer than the shorter bits on the other three busts. Not sure why they did that really seeing as they are all the same price. They could do away with the actual med kit and I doubt many people will care, likewise an light up for his plasma caster doesn't really add much as that never really lit up anyway so much as flashed. More so for the P2 bust as he's firing in a direction he's not even remotely looking at. If doing away with those makes them cheaper, it might still be wise for them to consider doing so as low sales or cancelled products will probably be the alternative. Although they could probably keep it all and still make them considerably cheaper anyway if we're being honest....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:51 AM   #352
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Seems to me P1 is getting the same if not better profit margin, but with a tweak:

They figured people would still buy a full size even after complaining about the price, but not the bust (as seen from the JH debacle).

So they took off $$ from the CH bust and added to the full size. Brilliant!

At least this is a bittersweet win for those who are buying just the bust and not the full size .

I really hate being a cynic but P1?s business practices (seemingly) just feel slimy as hell.

I feel annoyed by the whole thing too.
Like to yell at them, but i don't have the time.

First they didn't deliver (price/quality and expectations they gave fans) with the 1/4 range statues.
And now kicking the same dog, when ppl like their Pred1 and Pred2 as an expensive 1/3 set (after so much investment already, still don't get fair offer for nice set).

I don't see the actual quality in these 1/3 prototypes, let alone what will come out of production this time.
This CH armor is still bugging me also. Should have crisp edges, but this looks corroded in barrel of acid.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:56 AM   #353
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Here in the UK Statuesque has listed the P2 bust for ?2,075 approx 2,600 US Dollars. CDUK are usually around the same price as Statuesque but have not yet listed it
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:19 AM   #354
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Here in the UK Statuesque has listed the P2 bust for ?2,075 approx 2,600 US Dollars. CDUK are usually around the same price as Statuesque but have not yet listed it
2K?! Really! For a $800 piece. And I thought P1 were taking the pee..

LOL! Just looked, the more expensive and far superior JH closed mouth bust is GBP1,225 and that was more expensive
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:37 AM   #355
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
2K?! Really! For a $800 piece. And I thought P1 were taking the pee..

LOL! Just looked, the more expensive and far superior JH closed mouth bust is GBP1,225 and that was more expensive
Makes you wonder what?s going on with these retailers as you can get the full statue for not much more
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:44 AM   #356
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Makes you wonder what?s going on with these retailers as you can get the full statue for not much more
Maybe that's their plan...
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:53 PM   #357
FACEBOX
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Maybe that's their plan...

I'm starting to get that impression too.
Planned on getting the bust, but for not too much more one would get more portraits and..... an entire statue.

The fact that there's so much uproar among fans speaks to the fact that there is something truely off about the Predator releases.
FACEBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:29 PM   #358
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEBOX View Post
I'm starting to get that impression too.
Planned on getting the bust, but for not too much more one would get more portraits and..... an entire statue.

The fact that there's so much uproar among fans speaks to the fact that there is something truely off about the Predator releases.
2000 dollars more is the difference between getting the bust or getting the cheapest regular version which only comes with 2 heads.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:54 PM   #359
FACEBOX
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
2000 dollars more is the difference between getting the bust or getting the cheapest regular version which only comes with 2 heads.

Yeah. I was simply still trying to make sense of this senseless ordeal.
FACEBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:32 PM   #360
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Ultimate version is waitlisted.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote