Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 07-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Royd
Producer
Producer

Supanova November 2013 Tour (Brisbane & Adelaide)!

First guests for the November 2013 shows have been announced:

(Announced earlier) Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin and Peter Dinklage) and American Dad (Rachael MacFarlane), we unleash our next salvo in the war against boredom:

James and Oliver Phelps: The cheeky Weasley Twins in the Harry Potter series

Sean Maher: Dedicated physician Dr Simon Tamm in Firefly and Serenity

Zoie Palmer: Dr Lauren Lewis in the cult hit, Lost Girl

Alexander Vlahos: As Merlin‘s Mordred, he’s the Druidic nemesis of King Arthur

Laurie Holden: The Walking Dead‘s Andrea, Cybill in Silent Hill, and The X-Files‘ mysterious Marita Covarrubias

Man of Action Studios: we’re excited to host the team responsible for creating some of the biggest cartoons of the last decade! From Ben 10 to Generator Rex and now Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble, these four highly-motivated creatives have made this studio a force to be reckoned with!

Joe Kelly
Duncan Rouleau
Joe Casey
Steven T. Seagle

John Higgins: Supa-star artist and colourist on Watchmen, Before Watchmen, Judge Dredd and many more!

Garry Chalk: Voice of Optimal Optimus in Transformers Beast Wars and Sky Marshall Wade in Voltron Force.

Greg Cipes: This time, the awesome voice actor (TMNT‘s Michelangelo; Teen Titans‘ Beast Boy; Ben 10‘s Kevin Levin) is performing with his reggae band, Cipes and the People
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
halfthai
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This is very promising, good to see Adelaide is being well looked after in 2013.
halfthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The Man of Action guys are a good get, Dinklage will be awesome, and it will be nice to add John Higgins to my Dave Gibbons signed Absolute Watchmen.

But... still hoping for a current 'name' Marvel or D.C. artist or two (getting a bit greedy now I guess, given how spoilt we have been lately with Aussie cons, and 2013 Supanovas in particular).
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Royd
Producer
Producer

Major company artist to be announced in due course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
The Man of Action guys are a good get, Dinklage will be awesome, and it will be nice to add John Higgins to my Dave Gibbons signed Absolute Watchmen.

But... still hoping for a current 'name' Marvel or D.C. artist or two (getting a bit greedy now I guess, given how spoilt we have been lately with Aussie cons, and 2013 Supanovas in particular).
Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Dinklage and Holden are two must gets. Nobody that really appeals to Shanan yet though (she's already met the Phelps twins and Sean Maher) - hopefully that will change as more guests are announced.

I've already made contact with John Higgins regarding sketches.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Royd
Producer
Producer

Some of you will have seen the Supanova newsletter with the complete listing of comics creators for the November shows but if you haven't, here they are:

Leinil Yu: Supa-star artist on Avengers Vs X-Men, Avenging Spider-man, New Avengers and Superman: Birthright to name but a few!

Man of Action Studios: Four powerhouse comics creators -- Joe Kelly, Steven T. Seagle, Duncan Rouleau and Joe Casey -- all have long careers in comics and now are working together on amazing animated entertainment.

John Higgins: Artist on Judge Dredd, and Razorjack and amazing colourist on Watchmen, the Killing Joke!

Billy Tan: Incredible artist on Shadowlands, X-men Schism and much much more.

Tom Taylor: Best-selling writer of Injustice, The Deep, Earth 2, Star Wars Invasion and Mad Max!

Colin Wilson: Internationally renowned artist of Judge Dredd, Star Wars Invasion, Rogue Trooper and more!

David Yardin: Supa-star artist on X-Force, Storm, Black Panther and many more.

Ashley Wood (Adelaide): International Supa-Star artist on Metal Gear Solid, creator of PopBot and 3A Toys.

Greg Holfield (Adelaide): An Anzac Tale, Captain Congo, In For The Krill

Michal Dutkiewicz (Adelaide) Awesome artist on Superman, Wolverine, Batman Forever, Dragonscape and Triumvirate.

Paul Mason (Brisbane): Brilliant creator of The Soldier Legacy series.

James Brouwer (Brisbane) Amazing artist on The Deep!

Steve Stamatiadis (Brisbane) We welcome one of the founders of Krome Studios, and creator of Blade Kitten, Dirty Justice and Mech Assault Skin Enceladus!

Very pleased with the line-up for the 2 shows!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:04 AM   #7
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Good job Royd!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #8
Royd
Producer
Producer

Thanks mate! There's a wonderful selection of writers to meet and obtain signatures from as well as artists to get sketches from!

I'm sure that Leinil will be in demand and he mentioned that he will be doing bust pieces (or half-body) in grayscale for $350-$450 depending on the detail of the request.

You can see some of Leinil's half-body pieces displayed at CAF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyskeleton View Post
Good job Royd!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Anyone sitting on the fence about ordering a precon commission from John Higgins - go for it! He's just sent me through scans of the pieces he did for Shanan and me, and they look fantastic! Well worth the money in my opinion.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Wrothy,

The scans of your John Higgins commissions looked fabulous! I'm tempted but am setting aside funds in the hopes of something from Leinil (fingers crossed).

I also have something planned with James Brouwer (The Deep) who will be attending Supanova Brisbane. Here's a print which he had available at a previous Supanova -