BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Epic bud!
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:17 AM   #852
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

That looks truly amazing! How the hell is that standing up without falling over??? The only thing I did not like about this piece was that both legs were in same position, It would have been perfect if one leg was at least a little in front or behind the other. Other than that, Truly a great peice and without the HORRIBLE ugly square base!

I love dinos, TREX is my favorite, and my son loves Dinos just like me, so when A lifesize power loader deal ended up being fraudulent, I got my money back( devestated really) and I felt so down, I didnt use my senses and I acted on the spot and bought a life size Trex Head and a life size Raptor statue.

Had them for years and was planning a big display in my basement, but these covid years have NOT been kind to me and I have had to sell alot to pay my bills. I sold my DINOS to a local collector( THANK GOD as I didnt want to ship the TREX head, the raptor came in boxes. He was a huge fan and a really great guy and I NEVER let people come to my home, but in this case, I did, and even tho I took pictures and told him measurements, when he showed up to pick it up, his jaw was dragging on the floor. LOL He could not believe that HE was going to be the owner of something so rare and cool, he sold most his little stuff to buy it from me. I gave him a crazy good deal, because he was canadian, local and a NORMAL good fellow who had that passion and look in his eye that I ONCE had, but have lost it now that I have had to sell so much.

It hurts you know, when you are NOT rich, and you work long and hard hours as a contractor to fund you hobby, things you had no intention of selling, but now do. Im glad they went to a good passionate collector. BUT he had trouble getting them in to his house, I think he had to take a whole door frame out. LOL But he is happy.

I just wanted to share as I LOVE your statue and I for a time was considering it, but in the end, I made a conscience decision to only buy lifesize. If you follow that rule, or any size you deem to be the size you like, when an awesome piece comes up, its easier to say no if you stick to your own rules. Problem with lifesize is it takes up so much room.

Cant wait to see the finished job, But here is a couple of shots of the statues I basically lost money on, but almost broke even. I actually cared they go to a good home than just a fast sale. AND IT DID! I originally was going to repaint them and add more blood and drool on the mouth, but never got around to it. He I believe is doing the same thing. The Trex head alone is like 7 or 8 feet long and the raptor was about 6 feet tall. Sorry for the long reply, I just love Dinos and I never got to enjoy them. But your peace is still a massive piece for any collector! Your piece would feel like the baby TREX from Jurassic Park 2 I think. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetrex View Post
Wanted to finish her by christmas, but I have some comissions that need to be completed before then.

BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:47 AM   #853
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

She is done, my crown jewel of my JP collection

yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 02:30 AM   #854
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Amazing!!! I'm quite tempted to buy the kit and have it painted
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:03 PM   #855
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Looks like one will be up for auction soon:

cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 01:31 AM   #856
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Looks like one will be up for auction soon:
That looks like a kit someone assembled and painted, not a real one made by ECC. That base is weird too.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:19 PM   #857
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That looks like a kit someone assembled and painted, not a real one made by ECC. That base is weird too.
Much better paint up than the factory paint job.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:00 AM   #858
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Much better paint up than the factory paint job.
Not really, just looks darker with less detail. Also seems like no glass eyes or acrylic teeth either.
Old 05-26-2022, 07:50 AM   #859
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Not really, just looks darker with less detail. Also seems like no glass eyes or acrylic teeth either.
No glass eye is a big no-no on a piece like this. Teeth do look a little weak. But I prefer the darker paint up
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:48 AM   #860
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
No glass eye is a big no-no on a piece like this. Teeth do look a little weak. But I prefer the darker paint up
Yes, and we have Toynami to thank for that, Chronicle was getting so cheap in their latter days they didn't want to pay the extra cost for those upgrades. Toynami didn't want to make them like that so they ended up upgrading them for FREE!