Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-01-2022, 06:32 PM   #601
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
After watching the Batman Statue Collector review?. I think this piece came out great??looking forward to getting it
+1
It is supposed to look way better in person, as the paint app fails to look the way it does on camera.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:26 PM   #602
FJC
Midnighter

Mine is still stuck on a boat somewhere. Can't wait for it to arrive.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:46 PM   #603
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Why is the bust not available for economy shipping from Prime1? To MI, USA
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:08 AM   #604
ukshaun
Hercules

If anyone here watches Mr X on YouTube you will probably be aware of a recent video where he unboxes lots of small stuff (rather the usual big stuff). Among the fast unboxing's, he opens up the Prime 1 Heath Ledge Joker bust, and he seemed underwhelmed. His main complaint was the portrait paint app looking like paint rather than face make-up. He did like the way the green haired turned out.

I have to admit, under normal lighting, the portrait looks only above average. I have considered cancelling my pre_order.

I don't know.. maybe i should wait to see it in hand.

Mr X's worry was, he had read comments that the bust portrait looks better than the portrait that ships with the statue (he has yet to receive the statue). Mr X's bust was shipped from Prime 1. Mine is on pre_order from Sideshow Collectibles, which probably means many more weeks, months of waiting..
Old 05-26-2022, 03:39 PM   #605
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If anyone here watches Mr X on YouTube you will probably be aware of a recent video where he unboxes lots of small stuff (rather the usual big stuff). Among the fast unboxing's, he opens up the Prime 1 Heath Ledge Joker bust, and he seemed underwhelmed. His main complaint was the portrait paint app looking like paint rather than face make-up. He did like the way the green haired turned out.

I have to admit, under normal lighting, the portrait looks only above average. I have considered cancelling my pre_order.

Mr X's worry was, he had read comments that the bust portrait looks better than the portrait that ships with the statue (he has yet to receive the statue). Mr X's bust was shipped from Prime 1. Mine is on pre_order from Sideshow Collectibles, which probably means many more weeks, months of waiting..
I picked up the statue and bust from an online retailer. I have no idea when they're going to arrive.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 04:52 PM   #606
azurepred
Zot

Quote:

Unfortunately, that's how Prime has always painted their Jokers. I hate the little sheen they have with the paint apps. I'm still kinda ticked that they tricked me into PO'ing the bust with the supposed "production" photos, when in reality it looks nothing like that. I've yet to see any videos or photos of this I liked, but I'm sure plenty say the same thing about the Joker versions I like.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:33 AM   #607
ukshaun
Hercules

I spotted this on Instagram yesterday..
It appears to be the Prime 1 Joker bust with rooted hair.

LOADING: Image(s)
Old 05-31-2022, 01:31 PM   #608
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I spotted this on Instagram yesterday..
It appears to be the Prime 1 Joker bust with rooted hair.

LOADING: Image(s)
Is that a repaint or is it the prototype.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:35 PM   #609
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
Is that a repaint or is it the prototype.
Since they reworked the hair, i would assume they also reworked the paint a little. The main thing is, the sculpt is there.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:01 AM   #610
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow should be shipping these (the bust) very soon, possibly during the 1st week of June