Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-27-2022, 11:57 AM   #351
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Yeah I know what you mean, I ordered Purgatori and Dejah, imagine if they also do a 1/3 Red Sonja in this line, definitely limits my other stuff I buy like action figures etc... which is fine, these 1/3 pieces are incredible

already in on Vanpi, Lady Death and Dejah, possibly Purgatori as well, so if they do a really nice Red Sonja.

it's not like I've got enough Sonja...wait a second
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 01:46 PM   #352
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Her face does look incredibly placid for someone who is chained up & presumably captive... She's just like ho-hum, this happens all the time. But then I don't know if a distressed expression would sell as well...

They should repaint the tusk more Cream colored and make it less vained looking to avoid the phallic problem... But the sculpt is a Yowza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
Ruzzell edit just for fun:

This version looks WAY better & makes Dejah pop more!
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 03:23 PM   #353
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Does PCS usually get their eyes right on the final product? Looking at the eyes, I can see where even a slight variance in her eye line might make them look wonky.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:41 PM   #354
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Does PCS usually get their eyes right on the final product? Looking at the eyes, I can see where even a slight variance in her eye line might make them look wonky.
I agree with you, the eyes looking straight on can definitely be tricky, interested in hearing from people who own PCS pieces
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:57 PM   #355
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I recall a number of PCS Sakura pieces featuring wonky eyes, at least one wonky eye. It's all down to luck of the draw.
Sideshow Collectibles possibly top the wonky eye chart.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:16 PM   #356
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I recall a number of PCS Sakura pieces featuring wonky eyes, at least one wonky eye. It's all down to luck of the draw.
Sideshow Collectibles possibly top the wonky eye chart.
I hope PCS is like sideshow in helping you with bad parts, most of my sideshow stuff was ok, but I've received a few with things wrong with the head, and they replaced them for me, wonky eyes would ruin the whole statue
Old 05-29-2022, 06:19 AM   #357
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I hope PCS is like sideshow in helping you with bad parts, most of my sideshow stuff was ok, but I've received a few with things wrong with the head, and they replaced them for me, wonky eyes would ruin the whole statue
My collection contains 4x PCS pieces. One of those arrived with an issue..
After much time PCS (Sideshow CS) agreed to swap it.
What i received in return was obviously someone else's return that featured a different issue
I decided to keep the replacement piece, on the grounds the piece had sold out.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:51 AM   #358
Atlantisatdawn

ukshaun, thanks for the information, hopefully this piece will have no issues
Old 05-30-2022, 12:05 AM   #359
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
ukshaun, thanks for the information, hopefully this piece will have no issues
i have almost all the PCS female character statue from SF series. i had issues here and there with parts not able to fit properly or low quality paint but as far as the eyes goes, only Sakura one had that issue. it was only regular Sakura with serious face for me. Smiling one and both serious and smiling one on gym version were fine. I asked sideshow for replacement, the replacement also had that same issue. so I gave up and kept the replacement.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 10:27 AM   #360
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
i have almost all the PCS female character statue from SF series. i had issues here and there with parts not able to fit properly or low quality paint but as far as the eyes goes, only Sakura one had that issue. it was only regular Sakura with serious face for me. Smiling one and both serious and smiling one on gym version were fine. I asked sideshow for replacement, the replacement also had that same issue. so I gave up and kept the replacement.
Thanks, well I guess any statue can have certain problems from time to time, but low quality paint or wonky eyes would ruin Dejah, I think I read on this forum that PCS was now using a better company for the painting etc... i might be dreaming that, not sure? But I sure hope this is true