Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-04-2020, 10:38 AM   #91
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

This is a Marvel piece I might actually buy. If it’s shiny, reflective and chrome, it will be mine.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:42 PM   #92
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
He's a naked silver guy on a surfboard, in space. Out of context...he's kind of silly, no?

I'm not trying to troll, I'm a pretty big fan of comics (mostly Batman), so I'm genuinely shocked to see so many people in the statue groups HYPED for this.

Hope he's cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
He's literally one of the most powerful beings in the MU, his power is based on the universe and he was created by the World Eater Galactus. He's also been a part of some of the biggest MU crossovers dealing with the end of everything.

I mean if I break down Superman into, "A guy flying around in a blue unitard and a red cape" he sounds pretty silly too.

Exactly. Taken out of context, all superheroes are silly. Even Batman would be silly ...he dresses up like a bat with his underwear outside of his unitard.

Silver Surfer's story is what got me first. His cool appearance was second and the fact that he was a herald of Galactus was third. One of my favorite characters growing up.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:07 PM   #93
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Can’t wait to for this. And if a Bel sculpt(?), hoping for a stoic portrait with a graceful, subtle action pose, no switch out portraits, just pure Bel anatomical sculpting prowess on full display.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #94
rich005
Frackin!

It would be super disappointing if there is any sort of neck seam in this. Sideshow sometimes has removable portraits even if there is no swap outs, like the Hulk vs Wolverine maquette. Will be interesting to see.
rich005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #95
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich005 View Post
It would be super disappointing if there is any sort of neck seam in this. Sideshow sometimes has removable portraits even if there is no swap outs, like the Hulk vs Wolverine maquette. Will be interesting to see.
I’d prefer no switch outs and an add on power cosmic for his hand ex. There’s no good way to hide a seam on this character.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:07 PM   #96
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
This is a Marvel piece I might actually buy. If it’s shiny, reflective and chrome, it will be mine.
Yes if it's chrome it would also mbe 1999.99. Count on it.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #97
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich005 View Post
No problem. They’ll just give him a choker necklace.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #98
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Yes if it's chrome it would also mbe 1999.99. Count on it.
Juggernaut, Thanos and Gladiator Hulk are up there in price. Question is would people pay for actual chrome for a modern day surfer maquette.

If they go with the longboard this aint gonna be small.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:21 PM   #99
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
Juggernaut, Thanos and Gladiator Hulk are up there in price. Question is would people pay for actual chrome for a modern day surfer maquette.

If they go with the longboard this aint gonna be small.
I'd be happy to pay more some something really amazing - hope they try to make a statement with this piece. How often are they going to make Silver Surfer, after all?

And there have been a lot of nice custom's done in recent years, so the bar isn't low on this...
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:28 AM   #100
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherfootdave View Post
I'd be happy to pay more some something really amazing - hope they try to make a statement with this piece. How often are they going to make Silver Surfer, after all?this...
Agreed, that's how I felt about the XM Modern Thor and Acme Hellboy. I think there's a fair amount of collectors that would for the surfer if sideshow can deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherfootdave View Post
And there have been a lot of nice custom's done in recent years, so the bar isn't low on this...
Some of the customs are cool but I was never wowed by them. It's nice to see a fully licensed product with money for r&d from an industry leader.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote