Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #281
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's based on sex'ed up characters we watched as kids.....
Also known as creeper's delight
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #282
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
Disney has nothing to do with this.
J. Scott Campbell does not set the price, Sideshow does. That price will include what sideshow paid Campbell which should be less than what Disney would charge.
Marvel is owned by Disney, i beat no horse.

J Scott Cambell holds a license SSC is using, he sets the price just like Disney does as well as WB. SSC tacks on their costs and profit, they own none of the license hence COTD.

Why shouldn't JSC gets his fair share, its his creation, his work!!!!
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #283
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's based on sex'ed up characters we watched as kids.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Also known as creeper's delight
You could literally say that about any of the female statues. And we are not all creepers. You can tell who they are, typically the guys that focus on statue butts constantly.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #284
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Of course! The only x-factor is the what's expected with the definition of well...
Hopefully they do a couple original statues/prints with him as well. Turning up the risqué factor is a great way to do that.

As far as copyright Disney has basically been feeding Campbell for the past 2 years so I doubt they would have to threaten any copyrights to sway his or even Sidehow's minds if they perceived a threat to their image regardless of public domain.

I have actually been pretty unhappy with what Campbell's been producing the past 2 years because it has all been focused on variant covers which I detest and an endless array of Marvel only. Despite annual promises he hasn't even taken the time to release another Fairytale Fantasy Calendar since 2014!

And not that it's statue material but this would indulge just about every fantasy I've ever had...
I think there's a little Campbell in that Peter Pan. Can you imagine?!?

Couldn't agree more. Not only has he been basically focusing strictly on Marvel variants, the way he is going about it and the pricing is just ridiculous. He basically winds up creating variant sets that make up 3-4 variants of the same cover. The differences between the covers leaves a lot to be desiered IMO and again, the pricing is just ridiculous. Your looking at a couple hundred bucks if you want the complete set signed. And your looking at an extra $15-$20, depending on if there are 3 or 4 variants, just to have him sign them. Campbell has definitely become one of the more greedy comic artists on the comic market.

I absolutely LOVED his FairyTale Fantasies line and have purchased every print and every calendar he has brought to market to date. I even recently purchased all of the variants calendars for the 2014 set as all 3 2014 calendars are currently on sale for just $45 unsigned at Campbell's store. Its just a shame to see his Fairytale Fantasy line get axed and see it replaced by a slew of ridiculous expensive Marvel variants, none of which I will ever buy.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #285
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
You could literally say that about any of the female statues. And we are not all creepers. You can tell who they are, typically the guys that focus on statue butts constantly.
i'm triggered.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #286
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Speaking of butts, thighs too, this statue has a lot of definition for a mermaid.

I guess for an artist, it's a juggling act of sex appeal vs fictional biology.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #287
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Couldn't agree more. Not only has he been basically focusing strictly on Marvel variants, the way he is going about it and the pricing is just ridiculous. He basically winds up creating variant sets that make up 3-4 variants of the same cover. The differences between the covers leaves a lot to be desiered IMO and again, the pricing is just ridiculous. Your looking at a couple hundred bucks if you want the complete set signed. And your looking at an extra $15-$20, depending on if there are 3 or 4 variants, just to have him sign them. Campbell has definitely become one of the more greedy comic artists on the comic market.

I absolutely LOVED his FairyTale Fantasies line and have purchased every print and every calendar he has brought to market to date. I even recently purchased all of the variants calendars for the 2014 set as all 3 2014 calendars are currently on sale for just $45 unsigned at Campbell's store. Its just a shame to see his Fairytale Fantasy line get axed and see it replaced by a slew of ridiculous expensive Marvel variants, none of which I will ever buy.
I agree. He is one of my favourite artists, and is arguably the most popular artist in the industry right now. He knows that, and is making bank. He’s definitely over saturating himself though, and because of that, I’ve put aside trying to get every single one because there are just too many. A lot of these covers are “meh” too, specifically, recently, the Black Cat one and the Gwen Stacy ones that were very simple and bland. He’s just releasing too much it’s hard to not feel like some of these covers are rushed, and small changes to a “variant” to cash in.

It’s really all just hurting his brand. Maybe I won’t get every single one of these statues because I can’t try and get every single cover he’s made.

I don’t want this to detract from his art, which I still like a lot, even the covers I deem rushed. He also seems like a very nice guy, and he keeps politics out of his twitter posts so he’s easy to follow. He also catches flak every now and again for his covers from the social justice warriors, which I very much disagree with.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #288
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post

Gotta agree his pricing is a bit high, he has every right to charge whatever he wants for his work but after purchasing one of his marvelous art book totaling around 50$ after shipping, i was very disappointed at the amount of content inside for the price.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:54 AM   #289
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

more mermaid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRXPRpni6U8
Old 10-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #290
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
What about the boobies?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote