Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #121
johnclone
The Enchantress

You guys don't understand all the work that goes into attending a convention, this is no simple feat of engineering, purchase of tickets, both for the convention and the plane, there's gas to and from the airport, there's pencil fees, paper fees, there's shirt maintenance that must be done, sometimes as many as 3, 4, 5 buttons have to be done in succession, then a pair of pants has to be washed, and folded, - also shoes, don't even get me started there. Socks! Underwear! That's two huge issues right there. A proper haircut, shampooing of hair, it can get very difficult to maintain a healthy scalp 365 days a year, and that doesn't even include leap years. Actually I am spent just thinking about this.

The pencil can't just be an ordinary pencil, it has to be special, very special. The feel of the pencil in the hand, the balance, sharpened point ratio to the length of the pencil, proper grip and fingering. I once had a pencil, it was a good pencil - but even then it did need to be sharpened every now and then. The amount of height you hold the pencil, the angle, the viscosity of how it repsonds in your hand's sweat glands, all of this is an exact science, one false move and you have to start over.

Some would say "Why do you have to start over? Can't you just keep going?" Some would try, but that method never works! Not if you really care, and dammit I do, I care so much you just have no idea. These pencils are like people to me, yeah I know that sounds funny, some would even say maybe that sounds crazy. Not me man, my pencils are my best friends and worse enemies combined. I call them my frenemy pencils, and yes they are all I think of when I am dreaming in my isolation pod. I could tell you stories but I'll spare you the rough details. Just know that I must defeat my pencils before I can be friends with them, and this is no easy process, OK? A man goes into a battle with a pencil, he better be prepared. Lesser men have tried, and it is not pretty. You have to become the pencil, you have to love, hate, and learn to think like the pencil.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #122
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Good one
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #123
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

ha, johnclone, you just wrecked the rest of your week writing that.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #124
johnclone
The Enchantress

I need to recuperate.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #125
SunnyLee
Doodler and Pencil Scratcher.
ArtistProducer

Take a few weeks off.

On a side note - if you were on this list - please pm me. danka.
SunnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #126
PureInvasion

10 days ago (via email) Jason mentioned he would be busting his ass and have most pieces completed in 7 days...

...he must be working on Sideshow time

Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #127
hulksmashph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Mildly speaking, WHAT A JERK! Don't want art from him anymore but, my money would be nice!
hulksmashph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #128
PureInvasion

so anyone get any pics yet sent to them? Jason isn't really answering my emails anymore since I pissed him off 2 weeks ago
Old 06-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #129
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I've cleared this with Sunny.... , and he said I can pick up whatever slack is left over.. when Sunny puts down his pencil, I pick mine up.. and that's when the real magic happens.
I've found some time between my commission list rounds, so I'm more than willing to help Sunny out with his generous effort.

Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #130
SunnyLee
Doodler and Pencil Scratcher.
ArtistProducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I've cleared this with Sunny.... , and he said I can pick up whatever slack is left over.. when Sunny puts down his pencil, I pick mine up.. and that's when the real magic happens.
I've found some time between my commission list rounds, so I'm more than willing to help Sunny out with his generous effort.

You've all been warned!!
SunnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote