Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #81
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
There is no good excuse for keeping money and not delivering a commissioning as promised. If you can't get it done, refund the money.
One of my dogs died two Sundays ago, between 3 church services that I'm the soloist for, and I found her dead after the first, and buried her after the second.. making it to all three to sing. Did I want to? Absolutely not.. but I did it nonetheless.

Obviously your co-worker's in a much more horrible situation, Ken.. but.. I agree; you can't let the world stop spinning indefinitely when tragedy strikes, or you just compound the damage. Excuses don't help you.. they make things worse.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #82
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Hahahaha.. The guy knew you all were a bunch of suckers and actually came on this site and solicited and then stole your money... Priceless, and he's a no name to boot.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #83
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Hahahaha.. The guy knew you all were a bunch of suckers and actually came on this site and solicited and then stole your money... Priceless, and he's a no name to boot.
Harsh.

I didn't commission him...
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #84
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Harsh.

I didn't commission him...
Me either...

Man, Marvelboi is out to make more friends, huh?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #85
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I just read all the posts, same old same old. He's already spent the money, so no chance of a refund. I'm going to bet by the end of July this is all still going on and once you get your pieces if you do the people won't be happy with them. I smell a patience is a virue coming on.....
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #86
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
One of my dogs died two Sundays ago, between 3 church services that I'm the soloist for, and I found her dead after the first, and buried her after the second.. making it to all three to sing. Did I want to? Absolutely not.. but I did it nonetheless.

Obviously your co-worker's in a much more horrible situation, Ken.. but.. I agree; you can't let the world stop spinning indefinitely when tragedy strikes, or you just compound the damage. Excuses don't help you.. they make things worse.
Exactly. What people don't realize is that everyone has problems. I get annoyed when people think their problems outweigh others and it somehow entitles them to justify whatever actions they choose to perform.

Heck if we're all going to make excuses for everything let me give it a go...
In february I lost my grandmother. Because of he death, my birth mother who I had never met before, decided to attend the funeral and basically treat me like I was a POS and shouldnt have even been alive in the first place since she never wanted me (luckily my father has a brain). Anyways the shock of this whole ordeal with my birth mom seriously f'ed me up for a while.
Oh and my disabled sister who is in a wheelchair and needs constant care 24/7...well in the past 6 months she's had a total of 3 surgeries and has 1 more coming up in July as she's having more troubles the older she gets and is already a miracle she's survived this long. During one of her surgeries she was in 1 hospital for 1.5 months straight. Every single day regardless if I just got off my 12 hour shift at work I'd make the trek downtown and spend time with her and my parents who also stayed in the hospital with her.
I'm also planning a wedding and have not had a full day to just sit and chill on my days off in ages now.
I never miss work regardless the hand that I'm dealt with family or whatever...oh and did I mention my step-mother just got through her breat cancer treatments a while back and is still dealing with it.

But life goes on and I'm not one to say anything.

I don't talk about things nor do I make excuses for anything in life. My problems are plenty right now but they are not more important than others.

Ha I just ranted
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #87
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I just read all the posts, same old same old. He's already spent the money, so no chance of a refund. I'm going to bet by the end of July this is all still going on and once you get your pieces if you do the people won't be happy with them. I smell a patience is a virue coming on.....
I'm happy I'm only out $130. Would be much more upset if it was more. Jason Craig has permanently killed his reputation if this is how he wants to conduct business. Word travels fast so I'm not worried. If the guy can't just own up and make things right then he won't likely get commission work on this or the other art sites out there. We all pretty much belong to the heavy hitters in comic art so the next time this guy pulls his head from the sand a red flag will be thrown up by someone out there
Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #88
SunnyLee
Doodler and Pencil Scratcher.
ArtistProducer

Has he delivered for anyone here??
SunnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #89
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
Has he delivered for anyone here??
No

Only piece he showed a preview of back in december (zatanna), the buyer wanted some changes done to her face as it looked odd
Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #90
SunnyLee
Doodler and Pencil Scratcher.
ArtistProducer

Any update to his status? Has he at least been in communication with any of you?
SunnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote