Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #31
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Would love a battle damaged version. I appreciate it wouldn't be a viable option but it would be cooler than hell.

Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #32
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

With a kit, you can make all the versions you want.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #33
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Kit all the way for me. Just not looking forward to drilling all the holes.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #34
Python
Omega Red

Watched the blu ray last night as I hadn't seen this in a while. I love practical effects!! This one holds up well and the Corvettes are just as cool as ever. Really excited to see more of this hopefully soon...

Aircraft carrier version with new style Comms tower is a good look, I'd like to replicate that if I can afford two of these lol. Just need to figure out the name of a ship with that config, I didn't want to keep pausing it so I'll go over them again later.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #35
Python
Omega Red

Just a thought Paul, and I'm sure you have it covered already. Could you ask Mr Davis if he knows the correct colours used on the various ships. There appears to be a few different tones varying from a very light grey, almost champagne coloured, through to a very nice Blue/grey. It Would save trying to colour match later on as the movie is quite dark in places when trying to find reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Would love a battle damaged version. I appreciate it wouldn't be a viable option but it would be cooler than hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
With a kit, you can make all the versions you want.

Paul
Yeah, with a kit, your imagination is the limit, might take a while though

Old 11-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #36
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

They were all painted a blueish hue, but under the studio filters they came out a dark tan color.

Paint chips and decals for all of the ships will be provided.

What's a good price for a 36" beast like this as a high quality resin kit. No sanding, just run your lights and glue it together? We may offer more kits if this one is popular.

Paul
Old 11-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #37
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
What's a good price for a 36" beast like this as a high quality resin kit. No sanding, just run your lights and glue it together? We may offer more kits if this one is popular.
Hard to say to be honest, I've never purchased a kit this large before, the last one I got was a £30 1/32 twin seat Eurofighter Typhoon I guess the closest comparison would be the Ifactory version but this is on a whole new level. And having all of the prep work done would be a huge plus! The best price you can offer may be the obvious answer, or at least best we can ask for. What kind of prices were you thinking for a kit... and for a pre built collectible version if you did go with both options? We'll tell you if it scares us off lol.

Quote:
They were all painted a blueish hue, but under the studio filters they came out a dark tan color.

Paint chips and decals for all of the ships will be provided.
The studio models were all painted the same colour? They certainly appears to be different tones within the same shots. Might be a case where we aim for screen accuracy rather than studio model accuracy, as with the Aliens pulse rifle which appears green but is brown in reality. I like the darker blue tone personally. Decals for all of the ships is very nice option!!

Old 11-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #38
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:

Paul
Only kits I can think of in this sort of size are Randy Coopers Avenger, Sandcrawler etc. They look amazing but require a massive amount of wrk and come in around the 500 mark.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #39
Python
Omega Red

Do you have the full dimensions for the Corvette Paul? Also what kind of stand were you thinking of including? Will it be the one in the picture on post one or a new design?

So that is the Star destroyer I was looking at the other day... very cool and the detail is insane.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #40
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Come on Python that's an injection molded kit that they are making thousands of, I was thinking a 250 piece limited edition kit run.

Paul