Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #1331
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I hope the eyes and gauntlet lights up.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:25 PM   #1332
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
The funny thing is I didn't really know this to a little while ago. I found out when a rep from a company lost it on a reviewer for not spending enough time with their products after how many free statues the company had given them. Then it was flatly stated to me by a reviewer that at times yes they do get free stuff from various companies. After that I gotta admit I started to look the reviews done by various people with a much more critical eye.

Reviewers get free stuff across all of the various industries, and it is the price of doing business so I don't blame them. However, when you realize that some of the guys around may have had their judgement clouded by the lure of free $700-$1000statues, as apposed to say a video game, well you start doubting the hype the tend to give off.
But enough about Radd Titan.

I'm surprised people are surprised by this. What do you suppose a release like this is worth to a company? It's not like they are advertised on tv ads. Hype might be worth a couple hundred sales.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #1333
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Had no interest in buying a Thanos but after seeing these teasers, I may have to re-consider. Personally, I could do without the light up features - It's normally the first issue you run into with those kind of statues and it kind of "cheapens" the overall look for me. Like if your gonna add light ups.. you might as well have a string in the back of his throne that you pull on to make him talk lol.. (JUST MY OPINION). In regards to price and ES.. the new quarter scale DEADPOOL was $700.. a 1/4 Thanos would tower him if he was standing up, PLUS he's on a large throne.. I predict $850+ and that's WISHFUL thinking. Realistically, I'd say $900+. As for the edition size - although I HOPE it's low, I'm not getting my hopes up. We're looking at a 3000 ES at the least. Looks great so far though, very excited for the full reveal on Wednesday!
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #1334
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
But enough about Radd Titan.

I'm surprised people are surprised by this. What do you suppose a release like this is worth to a company? It's not like they are advertised on tv ads. Hype might be worth a couple hundred sales.
It doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I bet there's a person or two on this forum that gets special perks from certain companies for constantly talking about them in the best light.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:09 PM   #1335
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
Had no interest in buying a Thanos but after seeing these teasers, I may have to re-consider. Personally, I could do without the light up features - It's normally the first issue you run into with those kind of statues and it kind of "cheapens" the overall look for me. Like if your gonna add light ups.. you might as well have a string in the back of his throne that you pull on to make him talk lol.. (JUST MY OPINION). In regards to price and ES.. the new quarter scale DEADPOOL was $700.. a 1/4 Thanos would tower him if he was standing up, PLUS he's on a large throne.. I predict $850+ and that's WISHFUL thinking. Realistically, I'd say $900+. As for the edition size - although I HOPE it's low, I'm not getting my hopes up. We're looking at a 3000 ES at the least. Looks great so far though, very excited for the full reveal on Wednesday!
I feel the same but for me it's a combination of what you said and that the lights are gonna go bad for sure and then you're screwed if you have to sell.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #1336
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I feel the same but for me it's a combination of what you said and that the lights are gonna go bad for sure and then you're screwed if you have to sell.
Lmfaoo, I was gonna include that too but I know the vultures are watching. Looking for ANY chance they get to call you a flipper haha
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #1337
AvoTaco
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

agree no lights pls. I wanna keep this for long and to see 6 diff colours gems with no lights would suck
AvoTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #1338
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
Lmfaoo, I was gonna include that too but I know the vultures are watching. Looking for ANY chance they get to call you a flipper haha
No shame in my game. Half my collection came from flipping. Flip Mode for life!!
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #1339
Frostlord
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wow this looks amazing! Looks like I'll be adding yet another thanos to my collection
Frostlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #1340
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
I hope the eyes and gauntlet lights up.
I hope it plugs in... SO SICK OF BATTERIES!!!!!!!!
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote