Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #2351
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

If it's $800, it means you guys need to wake up from your nap and stop dreaming
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #2352
toe
Alpha Flight

using my rewards for this bad boy. Rewards I have accumulated for 10 years.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #2353
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
Thats some dedication
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #2354
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Thats some dedication
I'd say!

I have $77 RP to use and will certainly do so. Hopefully that covers one of his boots
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #2355
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
How the hell have you saved them that long? Wish I would still have a lot but I've probably gotten and spent $2,500 in last 10 odd years or so? I wish that we'd get more rewards / item but the fact that they do this at all is great as they don't have to! But it helps them get more business too imo!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #2356
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I'm curious to if there are any folks out there that bought Thanos XM version that were saying that that piece would be The definitive thanos ever made....if they are wishing they hadn't purchased the xm version. Or if people are planning on getting both or what. I personally would have loved to pick up the xm thanos ..but didn't have the money at the time. I don't feel so bad anymore because I think SS version will suffice for my needs. I made a decision years ago that I would really just try to stick to one 1/4th scale per character. Sometimes it's hard to determine which version your going to go with. I had the internal debate about xm Phoenix vs SS dark Phoenix as well. Just curious what others think besides the obvious whatever floats your boat response.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #2357
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I'm curious to if there are any folks out there that bought Thanos XM version that were saying that that piece would be The definitive thanos ever made....if they are wishing they hadn't purchased the xm version. Or if people are planning on getting both or what. I personally would have loved to pick up the xm thanos ..but didn't have the money at the time. I don't feel so bad anymore because I think SS version will suffice for my needs. I made a decision years ago that I would really just try to stick to one 1/4th scale per character. Sometimes it's hard to determine which version your going to go with. I had the internal debate about xm Phoenix vs SS dark Phoenix as well. Just curious what others think besides the obvious whatever floats your boat response.
Personally for me I am never completely happy with a statue. I always find something that I would of done differently. If you have the money and really love the specific character, I would buy both. I like sideshows rendition of thanos more but the quality is always on xm's side. I really worry before I open a sideshow piece. As for Phoenix, I love sideshows face sculpts and body and xm's base makes that statue. If you put those together, it would be amazing to see.
HulkvsAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #2358
Davidian
Omega Flight

I may snag the XM Thanos down the road, but currently, this one is the only one I need.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #2359
toe
Alpha Flight

I was too lazy to use them lol. Besides, back then when you use the reward points but decide to cancel the statue, you couldn't get the reward points back so I didn't want to take the chances. For Thanos, im sure im keeping him whether bad or good reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
How the hell have you saved them that long? Wish I would still have a lot but I've probably gotten and spent $2,500 in last 10 odd years or so? I wish that we'd get more rewards / item but the fact that they do this at all is great as they don't have to! But it helps them get more business too imo!

Sarah
Old 03-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #2360
toe
Alpha Flight

I have the XM Thanos and glad I have him. The cube is freaking awesome plus all the other accessories. Im glad I don't have the first SS Thanos tho lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post