Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #7331
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The uline shelves are not the same as the ones at lowes, thats why I directed you to them.
I know I’m
Just saying the Lowe’s shelves in the pic is even stronger than the one you provided. Just a idea if anyone wants one even stronger. The side metal bars is thicker than all the others I’ve seen.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #7332
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I know I’m
Just saying the Lowe’s shelves in the pic is even stronger than the one you provided. Just a idea if anyone wants one even stronger. The side metal bars is thicker than all the others I’ve seen.
The structure is the same, the reasin those have a slightly higher capacity is the steel wire shelving.

If you want real strength go on uline and get the shelves with steel shelves. Uline offers more support bars than edsal does.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #7333
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The structure is the same, the reasin those have a slightly higher capacity is the steel wire shelving.

If you want real strength go on uline and get the shelves with steel shelves. Uline offers more support bars than edsal does.
Thanks. It was already so much trouble changing to these. I wished I knew earlier. For now these are holding up as well as it can get. I still try to spread the weight around with a mix of heavy and light statues. I really hope I don’t need to upgrade again. It was a lot of work and time to do it. Thanks for the info though.

Update: I just checked the uline shelves and and wow you’re not kidding those are like the real commercial Home Depot palette shelves. I wished I got those which is the strongest around. Those would hold up all the heaviest statues for sure without worries. Off course the size I saw was insanely tall and massive. Along with being much more expensive. The size alone would not fit in a my place at all being a grocery worker on minimum wage. Maybe some of the ballers here can get these for the mansions they own. These are the best shelves around imo. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:09 PM   #7334
Odank
Fantastic Four

People are placing their statues on shelves from Uline or Lowe's...? Oh man, that's pretty heartbreaking.
Odank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:47 PM   #7335
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odank View Post
People are placing their statues on shelves from Uline or Lowe's...? Oh man, that's pretty heartbreaking.
Why, Ikea is oh so much better?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #7336
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odank View Post
These Lowe’s shelves fits so much more statues. I only have limited space and need to packed them all so close with the slightest move something will snap. It’s my only option right now. But the shelves are very strong and I have 3 levels use max out. No lighting, glass, or fancy anything. Just plain garage style shelves. I see ss uses the same Home Depot shelving and many other as well. Looks great for people with limited space imo. I love my shelves
Old 11-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #7337
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

IKEA shelves do the job but are not the strongest. Most collectors like the finish on them and the ease of mind knowing they work for statues. Plus most collectors don't have a choice or the know how to make custom cabinetry. (Expensive when not DIY)
The shelves J-Tron and others have are super sturdy and can always be customized to look less industrial. I think that's the better choice. It's all a matter of preference and it's not heartbreaking at all. It's awesome that there are more choices for displays being suggested by collectors who think outside the box. (Or the bun- Taco Bell Doritos Locos Tacos sounds delicious right now).

I have only 5 pieces out on display at my house due to the kiddos and 3 are on the top of anchored Target bookshelves. The other 2 are on the ledge inside my bay window behind a couch. To each is own. What's heartbreaking are the many pieces sitting in a spare room waiting for me to finish my basement so I can display them.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #7338
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
These Lowe’s shelves fits so much more statues. I only have limited space and need to packed them all so close with the slightest move something will snap. It’s my only option right now. But the shelves are very strong and I have 3 levels use max out. No lighting, glass, or fancy anything. Just plain garage style shelves. I see ss uses the same Home Depot shelving and many other as well. Looks great for people with limited space imo. I love my shelves
I'm not a big fan of shelve lighting. I think I would be, if I had the IKEA cabinets because of how they are sectioned into cubes. That does look like it would block off a lot of natural light as well as electrical light. So without those LED bars or what not, the statues would look shadowed out.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:42 PM   #7339
ozboy
Birdman

I use a mix of 60cm and 45cm deep industrial shelving with 2 inch thick pine kitchen bench board and led strip lighting. I have a mix of 90, 180 and 240 cm long racks to best fit my rooms. It looks great and I've got to say I laugh at all the "will it fit in a besta?" questions that get put on here because bestas are a waste of space
ozboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:59 AM   #7340
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
I use a mix of 60cm and 45cm deep industrial shelving with 2 inch thick pine kitchen bench board and led strip lighting. I have a mix of 90, 180 and 240 cm long racks to best fit my rooms. It looks great and I've got to say I laugh at all the "will it fit in a besta?" questions that get put on here because bestas are a waste of space
Got any pics?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote