Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-15-2020, 07:17 AM   #221
ambasah
Red Skull

you can get the regular version from any authorized dealer. this thing is definitely niche...buy it if you like it, but no one is going to pay double for it in the aftermarket.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #222
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
you can get the regular version from any authorized dealer. this thing is definitely niche...buy it if you like it, but no one is going to pay double for it in the aftermarket.
Double in the Aftermarket
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:25 PM   #223
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
Btw guys, if you haven't gotten the Chun-Li yet, you should grab it before it is all gone. The collector blue version has the "low stock remaining" warning in sideshow. If you don't get it now, you probably have to pay double the amount on secondary market.
If this were 2010, yeah, this Chun-Li would even quadruple in value. The problem today isn't quality, but that the economy just isn't there anymore. Breaking even in the aftermarket is the best you should expect to do, and in most cases a 25-75% loss.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #224
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

If this thing isn't impeccable QC-wise it's going straight the F back lol. how have their recent statues been QC-wise?
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:44 PM   #225
dao2
Cyclops

Pretty damn good for the ones I've gotten.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:15 PM   #226
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Every TMNT & SF that I have got from PCS as of late have been tip-top regarding paint (excluding the finishing decision they made with Bison's armor weathering). I'll be pleased as punch if they can clear two major paint hurdles:

1. Eyes (remembering that first 1/4 Chun-Li)
2. Nailing the paint with the sculpted on straps
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #227
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
If this were 2010, yeah, this Chun-Li would even quadruple in value. The problem today isn't quality, but that the economy just isn't there anymore. Breaking even in the aftermarket is the best you should expect to do, and in most cases a 25-75% loss.
True, but you know people are going to put complaints here "saying oh I should gotten this statue but now it cost me 2 or 4 times as much, why didn't I buy it when it was at MSRP.

Btw guys, the statue is almost gone, I just check Sideshow, anyone else still holding out I suggest you do the right thing and pre-order it and if you see the review someone did on this statue which sucks you can still ask for a refund from Sideshow.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #228
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Still a good idea to PO from Sideshow to get dibs on replacement parts should you need them. Good pieces still sell out, even if resale is garbage now.

This one is the fastest selling PCS PO I've seen in a while, not surprising given the sculpt comes mostly from game data.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:55 PM   #229
dao2
Cyclops

Now waitlisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
This one is the fastest selling PCS PO I've seen in a while, not surprising given the sculpt comes mostly from game data.
Where are you getting this information? This looks nothing at all like the ingame model and from looking at it I'd say that it's entirely sculpted with none of it being from game data.

edit: in game model from the artist who did it

Definitely not from the game files :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:41 PM   #230
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Now waitlisted

Where are you getting this information? This looks nothing at all like the ingame model and from looking at it I'd say that it's entirely sculpted with none of it being from game data.

edit: in game model from the artist who did it

Definitely not from the game files :P
Those legs are too thick, it is like tree trunks.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote