Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
IronFist
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

RANT: The Red Ring of Death returns

Ugh. My third 360 just ringed last night. This is becoming a yearly thing for me. This latest one didn't even make it to 10 months.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Sorry to hear that. I've been really lucky with mine so far. Sold my first one before any problems could come up and bought a new model about a year ago and it's been fine so far.

Ironically, the only system that's given me any problems has been the Wii. It would stall when trying to load games, but it's as if it fixed itself after a while and is now fine. Go figure.

Abarron, I know the new Lightning Blast flavored Hateraid is tasty, but please...do us all a favor.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Okay guys lets keep the fanboy stuff off these boards.

Sorry to hear that IF.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
IronFist

Thanks, guys. My first 360 only lasted about six months, which was just over the Manufacturer's Warranty. I never bought the Extended. So, I sent it off to get fixed for $120. After it came back, I bought Extended, then Microsoft retroactively extended the original warranty. I got my $120 refunded and my warranty extended for, like, 4 years.

That console lasted a year and a month. Which brings us to this current one, whose shelf life made it to just less than 10 months.

At least I have my PS3 to fall back on for gaming emergencies until my Xbox comes back.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
IronFist

Update: Apparently, the magic number is 3. When you tell the Xbox folks that this is your third time returning your 360, they suddenly snap to attention for some reason.

I was sent a coffin that arrived in 3 days. Inside was a standard overnight label to send the console to the returns center. They had it for about 3 days, and are now overnighting a new or repaired console back to me. In short, I sent my Xbox out last Tuesday, and my replacement is due to be delivered to my house today. One week turnaround time.

I'll let you all know how that works out, and whether I get a new console or the one I sent in back.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #6
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post

Abarron, I know the new Lightning Blast flavored Hateraid is tasty, but please...do us all a favor.
Sorry guys i was just kidding.
If i wasn't such a playstation fanboy i would have got a 360 ages ago.
I know a few people that had PS2 and went for 360 instead of PS3.
I have to admit xbox live is better than the PS3 network and there is a much bigger library of games for the 360 but i would never buy one
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
mallock
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I've had my 360 since it's launch and I haven't had any problems with it....I rented Soul Calibur 4 the other day and BAM! it played fine for a few days and last night the red ring came up...

so what do I do now?
what's the next step?
mallock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #8
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Sorry to hear about that... My boys' already got the ring twice... but my PS3, knock on wood, hasn't given me any trouble...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallock View Post
I've had my 360 since it's launch and I haven't had any problems with it....I rented Soul Calibur 4 the other day any BAM! it played fine for a few days and last night the red ring came up...

so what do I do now?
what's the next step?
call up microsoft...it's a 5 minute call
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #10
Davidian
Omega Flight

Sorry to hear about that bro. I've had mine for quite a while but it hasn't done that to me. I'm always worried about it happening, but so far so good.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote