Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #121
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I know you must think I'm stalking you Lawn...lol.

Kayorzz said it will be previewed at STGCC in September...unless XM changes their minds.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #122
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Haven't seen anything on their FB page. For me it could be an amazing piece (cape, face and musculature on the arms are fantastic) but it still seems a wee bit off in some other areas when I look at it objectively.

His trapezius muscles (particular on his right side) don’t seem to be big enough. For a guy with a torso that big and wielding something like Mjolnir I’d expect to see massive traps but they appear a bit flat. It could partly be the way the arm is keyed in though which is adding to the way it looks – i.e. in the pic I’ve added the link to below it looks like it is maybe keyed in a bit low? Could well be wrong as it could be a trick of the eye but despite him having shoulder pads it just looks too flat to my eye.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...99758589_n.jpg

Only other thing that is bugging me is the size and orientation of legs. His torso drops off dramatically to a thin waist making his legs seem puny. He’d look much more impressive if he had longer and more muscular legs (a bit like SS Cap PF) + his left leg doesn’t sit right to my eye; it looks a little unbalanced and not 100% natural (if you don’t agree just try it yourself and then if you still disagree then no worries but that stance doesn’t work for me (obviously I’m not godlike enough!)).

Here’s a couple comparison pics I did to see what he could look like with larger / longer legs:

Anywayz, it still looks great and that’s just one person’s opinion. Fingers crossed for big things on this particularly the motion effect hammer would just knock it outta the park.
Is this the base or will it be something different?

Had to bump. Could not let Mag take all the glory today.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #123
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

hopefully not but then again I doubt it will be anything overly extravagant given the other avengers bases and the fact that they are all supposed be matching NY street scenes.

I'm looking forward to this one. Have a lot of hope for it!
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #124
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

They gave me bearded Thor, thats all I needed.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #125
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Love the look of the outstretched hammer arm, as it illustrates the amazing strength of the character. (If you don't believe me, just try to hold a sledgehammer or maul like that & see how well you fare.) That combined with the look of anger sets it apart from the other Thor's I've seen in the same scale.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....2&postcount=25

Definitely looking forward to hopefully getting this one.
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #126
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSA View Post
Love the look of the outstretched hammer arm, as it illustrates the amazing strength of the character. (If you don't believe me, just try to hold a sledgehammer or maul like that & see how well you fare.) That combined with the look of anger sets it apart from the other Thor's I've seen in the same scale. Definitely looking forward to hopefully getting this one.
You are definitely telling the truth on that. Hell just hold out a baseball bat for an extended amount of time.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #127
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I thought I would post this here since I haven't seen it posted yet. Here's a great photoshop from Kenmk1 of Thor with a spinning hammer.

It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #128
A R E S
The Spirit

That

please XM make it so

It would also explain the cap flowing left and the hair right, since the hammer would make the cape flow left as he is moving down and the hair right as he is moving up.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #129
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Good point!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #130
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

I'm not supposed to say this but I can't keep secrets. We are actually in the middle of sculpting and making the spinning hammers so it's really cool seeing how it might actually work!

I couldn't get Seng (Creative director) to do TWO spinning hammers though (on both hands).

He said I was mad.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote