Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #41
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
If it's true that the 'original' head could be coming out afterall I would love to have it.

Ed is gonna paint & assemble Sagat for me ,so wonder how that would all work out. if the head is detachable it wouldn't be an issue, but I would still like the second head painted by Ed, so should I just wait until I can get everything shipped to Ed at once? Is the original head something you are planning to go through with, or was it just mentioned as an example?

Just like Andrew - this is my question:

"3. This is a little more of a stretch, but if there's a possibility of getting the original head for an additional cost right now, I'd love to hold off on getting my kit sent out until that can happen. Even if the request for the original head is done under a "commission". "

Man, Protoypez answers usually opens up ALOT more questions
I will take this into consideration
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
I will take this into consideration

Thanks, Erick! I'd be more than happy to pay extra for the original head and also would easily be willing to wait on my shipment if you are able to do it sooner rather than later. Actually, I'll be happy to wait as long as it takes. Truly!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #43
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

From dev. pictures it looked as if the Head and torso were all one piece though... Not sure how this head swapping would work without having to re-cut the kits we're currently waiting for...
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #44
Artsta

On second thought....

This does indeed look do-able...
Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #45
Artsta

So hey Erick, lets talk about the future of PrototypeZStudios Model Kits.

I just purchased Kotobukiya's Iron Man MVII Snap-Fit statue.

And that's the word I wanna draw attention to here. Snap-Fit.

I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of it. Basically all pieces of the kit snap together, much like connecting attachments to a toy or for instance a statue to a base.

Snap-Fit would be perfect to PTZ Studios since you guys are mainly dealing with kits here. Everyone wants the product, but not everyone knows how to put together a kit. A few of us will be having Ed take care of that during the painting process, but if the statues were Snap-Fit it would make things so much easier.

1. Less Shipping Material Required. If the statues were Snap- Fit you could essentially use the same box/bubble rap idea you're running with now.

2. Paints. When the Snap-Fit pieces arrive to the painter the painter wouldn't need to assemble the kit, all he would have to do is paint each of the pieces and then ship them back the same way they arrived in the boxes/bubble wrap.

3. User friendly. Again, not all of us know how to put together kits and why be bothered with super-glue when you don't have to be? With the Snap-Fit process the statue will hold in place and you could easily take it a part for easy transportation if needed.

4. Interchangeable pieces. You guys at PTZ are in the kit business. Exclusive kit business. Which means once you sell out of your run of say 150 kits that's it up until you put another kit up for sale. But with Snap-Fit your business stays fresh and continuously running. Alternate heads for the characters (Like say this Sagat business), Snap-Fit has that covered. Some characters could even have interchangeable body parts. If say Guile is getting ready to throw a Sonic Boom, sure the initial kit has him in the start up motion. But lets think bigger, he actually throws out the Sonic Boom. Bang! Snap-Fit arms/fireball piece could make this possible.

For those who aren't familiar with Snap-Fit, watch this video: http://youtu.be/d9_YwmrMjjw It shows you how the snap-fit process works.

I'm basically sold on it and I think it could be a great addition to PTZ's business. Cost effective, user friendly, and possibilities for upgrades. What's not to love?
Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #46
dao2
Cyclops

I hate the snap fits tbh :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 AM   #47
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
So hey Erick, lets talk about the future of PrototypeZStudios Model Kits.

I just purchased Kotobukiya's Iron Man MVII Snap-Fit statue.

And that's the word I wanna draw attention to here. Snap-Fit.

I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of it. Basically all pieces of the kit snap together, much like connecting attachments to a toy or for instance a statue to a base.

Snap-Fit would be perfect to PTZ Studios since you guys are mainly dealing with kits here. Everyone wants the product, but not everyone knows how to put together a kit. A few of us will be having Ed take care of that during the painting process, but if the statues were Snap-Fit it would make things so much easier.

1. Less Shipping Material Required. If the statues were Snap- Fit you could essentially use the same box/bubble rap idea you're running with now.

2. Paints. When the Snap-Fit pieces arrive to the painter the painter wouldn't need to assemble the kit, all he would have to do is paint each of the pieces and then ship them back the same way they arrived in the boxes/bubble wrap.

3. User friendly. Again, not all of us know how to put together kits and why be bothered with super-glue when you don't have to be? With the Snap-Fit process the statue will hold in place and you could easily take it a part for easy transportation if needed.

4. Interchangeable pieces. You guys at PTZ are in the kit business. Exclusive kit business. Which means once you sell out of your run of say 150 kits that's it up until you put another kit up for sale. But with Snap-Fit your business stays fresh and continuously running. Alternate heads for the characters (Like say this Sagat business), Snap-Fit has that covered. Some characters could even have interchangeable body parts. If say Guile is getting ready to throw a Sonic Boom, sure the initial kit has him in the start up motion. But lets think bigger, he actually throws out the Sonic Boom. Bang! Snap-Fit arms/fireball piece could make this possible.

For those who aren't familiar with Snap-Fit, watch this video: http://youtu.be/d9_YwmrMjjw It shows you how the snap-fit process works.

I'm basically sold on it and I think it could be a great addition to PTZ's business. Cost effective, user friendly, and possibilities for upgrades. What's not to love?
dude, we so need you for our next commercial.

i think we talked about these with the guys, i.e. snap fit, magnets, etc. i'd have to get Erick or J to chime on this one, since I'm sure there was a reason we decided not to do it. maybe it was more of that toy feel, similar to Gundam model kits. Also, are those artfx pieces PVC or resin? i just wondered since it came in a clamshell.
ProtoStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #48
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
If it's true that the 'original' head could be coming out afterall I would love to have it.

Ed is gonna paint & assemble Sagat for me ,so wonder how that would all work out. if the head is detachable it wouldn't be an issue, but I would still like the second head painted by Ed, so should I just wait until I can get everything shipped to Ed at once? Is the original head something you are planning to go through with, or was it just mentioned as an example?

Just like Andrew - this is my question:

"3. This is a little more of a stretch, but if there's a possibility of getting the original head for an additional cost right now, I'd love to hold off on getting my kit sent out until that can happen. Even if the request for the original head is done under a "commission". "

Man, Protoypez answers usually opens up ALOT more questions
Sagat was more of an example, but since it's just the head, then I can talk with the guys and then ask Ed if adding the magnet could be possible.
ProtoStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #49
Artsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoStudios View Post
dude, we so need you for our next commercial.

i think we talked about these with the guys, i.e. snap fit, magnets, etc. i'd have to get Erick or J to chime on this one, since I'm sure there was a reason we decided not to do it. maybe it was more of that toy feel, similar to Gundam model kits. Also, are those artfx pieces PVC or resin? i just wondered since it came in a clamshell.
Haha yeah I was definitely trying to sell it lol.

My Iron Man hasn't arrived yet, so I'm not sure if it's PVC or Resin. Most of Kotobukiya's stuff is PVC though. I guess it would kind of have a "toy" feel to it huh?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #50
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
Haha yeah I was definitely trying to sell it lol.

My Iron Man hasn't arrived yet, so I'm not sure if it's PVC or Resin. Most of Kotobukiya's stuff is PVC though. I guess it would kind of have a "toy" feel to it huh?
yeah it would be pretty hard, resin has very little flexibility, but thanks for the feedback
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote