Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #21
Sithlord32
New Republic

Nice. id like to obtain one of these for myself sometime. Museum Replicas First movie one i think i like better than the EFX.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #22
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Here are some pics of the efx Mjolnir I obtained over the weekend. After comparing other Mjolnir's, I opted for this one because I felt the following set it apart:

1. The stand is far better than any other on the market (and fits my setup)
2. The hammer looks metal
3. Has weight to it
4. efx's track record

This piece is exquisite. I was fortunate enough to acquire a piece that was still factory sealed. Everything about this is top notch. From the bottom of the base to the end of the handle, she stands 20.5" (add 4" - 6" for the leather strap). Here are pics in Mjolnir's resting place with some pics from a distance, up close for detail, and the last one to show a reflective surface on the hammer head for those of you who want a true metallic appearance.

BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #23
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Here are some pics of the efx Mjolnir I obtained over the weekend. After comparing other Mjolnir's, I opted for this one because I felt the following set it apart:

1. The stand is far better than any other on the market (and fits my setup)
2. The hammer looks metal
3. Has weight to it
4. efx's track record

This piece is exquisite. I was fortunate enough to acquire a piece that was still factory sealed. Everything about this is top notch. From the bottom of the base to the end of the handle, she stands 20.5" (add 4" - 6" for the leather strap). Here are pics in Mjolnir's resting place with some pics from a distance, up close for detail, and the last one to show a reflective surface on the hammer head for those of you who want a true metallic appearance.
Congrats BDoggWhite. When you say "metallic appearance" is the hammer not metal? Front you pictures it looks stunning and the viewer certainly wouldn't be able to tell it is not when on display.

Love the addition!
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #24
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Congrats BDoggWhite. When you say "metallic appearance" is the hammer not metal? Front you pictures it looks stunning and the viewer certainly wouldn't be able to tell it is not when on display.

Love the addition!
Thanks! The COA says it's made of resin, machined aluminum, and leather. The handle is for aluminum and the hammer head is resin with a "weathered and patina effect". It looks and feels marvelous! If they are able to give the same metallic sheen on the Captain America shield, we're in for a treat.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #25
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Only problem I have is now they use a different hammer in avengers 2
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #26
BDoggWhite
Birdman

That's why they make all the alterations to the costumes and accessories...to keep pumping out new merchandise. I really preferred the darker leather and ornamentation on the end of the Dark World Mjolnir handle more, but all of the reasons I posted with the pics above won out. I want something authentic, not something underwhelming when I, or visitors, hold it. I'm more than pleased with my purchase after mulling it over. Perhaps efx will do another down the road...but we know that will be WAY down the road, if at all.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #27
rico1701
It's not the years, it's the mileage

That eFx Thor hammer is a beauty. Really displays nicely. I might need to get one.
rico1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:50 PM   #28
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico1701 View Post
That eFx Thor hammer is a beauty. Really displays nicely. I might need to get one.
It truly is, get one and you won't be disappointed. It's excellent.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote