Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #9481
IceWing
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Good Morning Boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
wow that would scare me so bad. I can't believe they made another Saw movie so quickly (just seen a preview)
They've made one a year since the first one. "If it's Halloween it must be SAW!"

They are cheap and it quick and bring in a good box office. They don't really have any huge special effects or anything. The last one was my least favorite of the series. We're going tonight to see the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Yeah! I want my Dazzler and Angel
I ordered the Hard Hero exclusive Blue Angel (my fav outfit) a few weeks ago. I can't wait until I get it. I've been waiting for a FS of him for years and this one looks good. This is my Angel year it looks like. I got the Bowen Death Mask Archangel this summer, the HH one coming and Vince should have my Archangel kit that Ramsey did in a week or so. I'm hoping to have that by the end of the year.

I have a feeling I'll be getting an Iceman (not the clear though, I waited too long to decide and breakdown and get it ) for my birthday in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
If Bowen doesn't do Dazzler I will.
I get the impression he's not going to, and if he does it's probably low in the list and probably just a bust. Do a FS anyway!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #9482
bat_collector
Galactus

they've been doing a saw movie every year since the first one.

the last one sucked. Totally went in a different direction than I thought necessary, and thought the traps were just too much (especially the twisting thingy, still disturbs me).
Old 10-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #9483
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
why..isn't Merlose on his medication
don't be jealous that I have the good drugs.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #9484
IceWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
they've been doing a saw movie every year since the first one.

the last one sucked. Totally went in a different direction than I thought necessary, and thought the traps were just too much (especially the twisting thingy, still disturbs me).
I am getting tired of the torture horror movie sub genera that has really come about the last few years. I wouldn’t go see Hostel 2 in the theater. I love horror movies, but these are getting to be too much.

And I agree on the last Saw. The first 2 were good, but the last one just totally missed the mark for me. I’m hoping this one will be better though.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #9485
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
I have never seen any of the SAW movies... don't really have a desire to... never been much into horror movies...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #9486
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWing View Post
I am getting tired of the torture horror movie sub genera that has really come about the last few years. I wouldn’t go see Hostel 2 in the theater. I love horror movies, but these are getting to be too much.

And I agree on the last Saw. The first 2 were good, but the last one just totally missed the mark for me. I’m hoping this one will be better though.
Saw I and II set up a good mythology. Saw III at least tried to stay in line with the first two. I just didn't like the direction it took (like it had to one up Hostel). It has a great, recognizable villain with an agenda and a purpose to his madness.

Hostel I and II are nothing but "lets gross out the audience" and a revenge flick crossed into one. No villain, no real links to a horror movie, pur exploitation.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #9487
Merlose

Quote:
I ordered the Hard Hero exclusive Blue Angel (my fav outfit) a few weeks ago. I can't wait until I get it. I've been waiting for a FS of him for years and this one looks good. This is my Angel year it looks like. I got the Bowen Death Mask Archangel this summer, the HH one coming and Vince should have my Archangel kit that Ramsey did in a week or so. I'm hoping to have that by the end of the year.
I ordered the both Angels from HH because I'm a huge fan of the character however most of my collection is Bowen and the HH Angel is a much larger scale than your standard Bowen FS. I would really like one from Bowen just so that it fits with the rest of my X-men. The HH Angel is great I've seen it in person but its so big that both the red and the blue that I ordered will require their own shelf.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #9488
Merlose

I never saw saw, i had no desire to see saw, if I ever wanted to see saw I would worry.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #9489
IceWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
I ordered the both Angels from HH because I'm a huge fan of the character however most of my collection is Bowen and the HH Angel is a much larger scale than your standard Bowen FS. I would really like one from Bowen just so that it fits with the rest of my X-men. The HH Angel is great I've seen it in person but its so big both the red and the blue that I ordered will require their own shelf.
I would love for Bowen to make one, but as soon as I saw the Red I wanted one. I was on the line about breakdown and getting it, but when I saw the Blue exclusive there was no way I was going to pass it up. IIRC the red Bowen Angel bust is the exclusive, and I could have had it, but I wanted the blue, which is what I got.

My collection is a mix of companies, mostly Bowen, but stuff from all over. If I like it, I get it. I'm not a completist or dedicated to one company, like some people around here. If/when Bowen does one I'll be happy to add it to my collection, but this HH one looks hard to beat.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 AM   #9490
Merlose

Quote:
I would love for Bowen to make one, but as soon as I saw the Red I wanted one. I was on the line about breakdown and getting it, but when I saw the Blue exclusive there was no way I was going to pass it up. IIRC the red Bowen Angel bust is the exclusive, and I could have had it, but I wanted the blue, which is what I got.

My collection is a mix of companies, mostly Bowen, but stuff from all over. If I like it, I get it. I'm not a completist or dedicated to one company, like some people around here. If/when Bowen does one I'll be happy to add it to my collection, but this HH one looks hard to beat.
What are you trying to imply eh?
I'm not a Bowen-head or completest either but for some reason his pieces are the ones that most often appeal to me. My bust collection is a hodge podge of different companies but as far as FS go the only Marvel non bowen piece I have is the old school x-men Angel. I've never really been impressed with others FS until I saw the HH Daredevil and Angel, HH will be giving Bowen a run for their money in the future.
Closed Thread