Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #341
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
That is certainly your perogative. But really? That's what it is to you? If an ES is made larger (but doesn't exceed the original given size) you feel ripped off? They said that the run was going to be 500 when people originally ordered it. Now with all the variations it is still less than 400 total.

Would you be happier if they'd suddeny made a "warehouse find" so popular with the other companies? What's the difference? You do have a point in going from 50 to 70 or 10 to 15 in the case of ARH Thor AP's because in those cases maybe people really were paying the high price because of epected rarity. If that is really important to you but then you are right that your option is to not buy from them.

Don't get me wrong. I have no issue with criticism of ARH or Arahom, he isn't a saint or anything. My issues come in when I see things like the following:

1. Thread stating that his statues are inferior and don't use "polystone" like the infallible Sideshow. Then it is pointed out they are constructed with the exact same material and in the cases of some statues the EXACT SAME factory in China.

2. Thread stating his statues are "hollow" and "cheap" when in fact every statue put out by Sideshow 1/4 scale or bigger has hollow parts and in fact ARH statues of the same size and scale are actually heavier than their SS counterparts (I'm not against hollow, it saves on cost and shipping, just saying that ARH isn't hollow and SS solid).

3. Threads stating he is "shady" and implying he is dishonest and rips people off.

If you want to complain about his similar poses, dull paint choices, or whatever I don't care. Even his customer service if he was rude to you that is certainly not going to bother me but I have been buying statues from him for about 20 yrs going back to when he was in Brazil and he has been nothing but courteous and professional with me and when there are delays or problems he explains them and answers my questions and if needed fixes or replaces damaged items. If you look at some of the main people complaining regulary about Arahom you may notice that they sometimes have difficulty playing nice with others and are on the receiving end of more than their fair share of mod warnings. Maybe Arahom was rude to them, but maybe they were less than kind to him at a high stress time in his business life? Doesn't excuse him, customer is always right and all that but maybe he isn't just a dishonest douche either.
It's been over a year since I have gotten the "AP" Medusa and I still haven't gotten the name plate and the extra breast plate that he promised. I emailed Arahom a few weeks ago and he told me that he will ship it out soon. I have yet to receive such parts. Is this the kind of treatment we deserve when we purchase directly from ARH? A year of waiting!?!?!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #342
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
It's been over a year since I have gotten the "AP" Medusa and I still haven't gotten the name plate and the extra breast plate that he promised. I emailed Arahom a few weeks ago and he told me that he will ship it out soon. I have yet to receive such parts. Is this the kind of treatment we deserve when we purchase directly from ARH? A year of waiting!?!?!
No certainly not. As I said I don't work for ARH, speak for ARH, or have any inside knowledge. Did he say why he hadn't sent them? Do they not have them or something? I would think he could get them within a year.

This is one of the things that has been a problem for them. When Arahom was first trying to produce more statues (prior to Averone getting on board) one thing he did was offer "A/P's" in low numbers, usually 10 to 20 that he would produce himself and send out and then use that money to finance a full sized run. I don't know if this is what he did with Medusa or not. I didn't get Medusa because it was just too big for me. You almost need a Butcher's block just to display it. Anyway, when he used the AP approach for 3 or 4 statues he ran into issues with not being able to deliver things that don't matter to me but obviously matter to a lot of collectors (like form fitting styrofoam and run boxes, additional items like the name plate, etc). I would think he could come up with them in a year. What reason were you given for the delay if I may ask?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #343
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
No certainly not. As I said I don't work for ARH, speak for ARH, or have any inside knowledge. Did he say why he hadn't sent them? Do they not have them or something? I would think he could get them within a year.

This is one of the things that has been a problem for them. When Arahom was first trying to produce more statues (prior to Averone getting on board) one thing he did was offer "A/P's" in low numbers, usually 10 to 20 that he would produce himself and send out and then use that money to finance a full sized run. I don't know if this is what he did with Medusa or not. I didn't get Medusa because it was just too big for me. You almost need a Butcher's block just to display it. Anyway, when he used the AP approach for 3 or 4 statues he ran into issues with not being able to deliver things that don't matter to me but obviously matter to a lot of collectors (like form fitting styrofoam and run boxes, additional items like the name plate, etc). I would think he could come up with them in a year. What reason were you given for the delay if I may ask?
He has "Other" projects that he's working on for SDCC 2012. It's almost SDCC 2013.... and I am still waiting.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #344
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

If anybody is so upset with ARH that they want to forfeit their ARH Medusa Rattle variant, please let me know.
I'll gladly take over the order or work a deal with you.
I'm dying for one, but unfortunately missed out, as I also did on the original ARH Medusa.

Thanks!

JSA
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #345
JSA

Wink

I'd be fine with the following, as long as I get one:

ARH Medusa Coral Snake variant
ARH Medusa King (Queen) Cobra variant
ARH Medusa Gaboon Viper variant
ARH Medusa Rhinoceros Viper variant
ARH Medusa Emerald Tree Boa variant
ARH Medusa Burmese Python variant

http://www.funzug.com/index.php/wild...ul-snakes.html

Somebody photoshop those up & post!
(Seriously - I think those color variations would look awesome and beautiful)

JSA
Old 03-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #346
wanderlai
The Tick

The Rhino and Gaboon vipers are awesome looking. When I thought I was going to be the next Steve Irwin I really wanted to buy one. Then reality slapped me in the face and I had to grow up. RIP Steve Irwin greatest animal advocate ever.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #347
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
You are not the only one, I was very very mad with them and been post on freak forum many times, they keep promise me month by month, I am not even dealing with Arahom no more, he just keep break his promise. I have been talked to Alex on the freak forum and he did promise me he will get it soon for me. I haven't buy anything from them since that, it's not the way they should treat customer, if they can't do it, why they have to promise you? And a year wait for AP ? Terrible !! It's just terrible!!
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #348
JSA

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
The Rhino and Gaboon vipers are awesome looking. When I thought I was going to be the next Steve Irwin I really wanted to buy one. Then reality slapped me in the face and I had to grow up. RIP Steve Irwin greatest animal advocate ever.
My local zoo has a Rhino and Gaboon in the same enclosure.
They're both amazingly beautiful, but the Gaboon dwarfs the Rhino.

Fun fact: Gab's have 2 to 2-1/2" fangs, the longest of any snake.

Having said all that, there's no way on earth I'd own or be near either one.
Seeing in pictures or viewing through zoo glass is good enough for me.

Or viewing those colors painted on new ARH Medusa variants...

JSA
Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #349
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
He has "Other" projects that he's working on for SDCC 2012. It's almost SDCC 2013.... and I am still waiting.
I asked Averone about the name plates and extras you guys are waiting for in a pm at the forum that can't be named and he has not responded yet but I did see this just posted in the ARH Q & A thread:

"Update:

All AP buyers who are waiting on their medusa name plates, they are being mailed next Monday!

I will be shipping name plates the COA and the AP sticker altogether on Monday."

Hope you guys get them.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #350
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I asked Averone about the name plates and extras you guys are waiting for in a pm at the forum that can't be named and he has not responded yet but I did see this just posted in the ARH Q & A thread:

"Update:

All AP buyers who are waiting on their medusa name plates, they are being mailed next Monday!

I will be shipping name plates the COA and the AP sticker altogether on Monday."

Hope you guys get them.
Cool...after a year of waiting....all my excitement is gone. Let's see whether or not this is true. Sorry, but ARH lost me as a customer...not going to buy anymore of their products.