Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-07-2018, 08:34 AM   #11
BurningRage
Inhumans

I would buy everything from Fist of The North Star.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #12
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I would buy everything from Fist of The North Star.
As a kid, the movie was my first real exposure to the ultra violence of Japanese anime and I'll never forget it. Can't wait until they start showing fully painted statues of Kenshiro, Raoh, and Rei.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:36 AM   #13
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
A lot of these lines haven't started shipping out yet, give them a chance. I think a lot of people are waiting for in hand reviews before ordering.

I'm sure the Eva, Berserk, Guyver, MTG, etc statues will knock peoples socks off when they get them in hand, glowing reviews of these pieces will help sales
That's a fair point, however I suppose with an average year and a half lead time from pre-order to shipment, Not releasing anything between the first announcement and the next could kill a line.

As people are saying, there's so much good stuff out there. If you order a 40k statue and then hear nothing for a year, meanwhile 3 Fist of the North Star statues and a Predator get announced. You might be tempted to cancel and jump on one of those lines. Basically making it worse for the poor 40k line.

By the time it is shipped and in hand aaaand gets glowing reviews, it'd take another 6 months maybe to tease and then 6 months to PO and then another year for shipment. People who were interested are likely long gone by then.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:26 AM   #14
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
im not sure on how well witcher is going on, new releases are slow, everything from the line is late and postponed multiple times.

in the same situation (or worst) i believe is evangelion, where is the new eva? not even a teaser of pilots, eva 01 already postponed once, not even one of them sold out.

no dubts that dc, transformers and berserk are doing well
I had the same impression that the Witcher line was only doing so-so for the same reasons you stated, particularly how long it took for Ciri to come out (which could be any mix of it being low priority, difficult to get right, difficult to get approval, etc.), but the fact that they're still doing alternate versions of Geralt and Yen (though 1/4 instead of 1/3) is encouraging. Geralt seems to have done reasonably well, and I assume Yen did well enough to warrant a second $700-800 statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I think the Eva prices turned people off and only fans bought it whereas I’ve seen people order Guts because he looks cool and don’t know anything about Berserk.
I think the pricing torpedoed the Eva line - there's a big difference psychologically between $999 and $1199. I really wanted at least Eva-01 and couldn't pull the trigger at $1199, but I think it would have happened at $999.

They really should have scaled it down to be able to hit that price point, as they're non-scale anyway and I'd imagine they would still be plenty big enough at that price point (the statues as they are are ridiculously big).
Vendetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:27 AM   #15
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My statue collection is turning out to be a prime 1 collection they are not giving me a chance to check out other creators products

Prime 1 has all the classic anime licenses i love. Berserk, guyver, Ninja scroll, fist of the north star, AND Evangelion to make things worse they might have akira, ghost in the shell.

They have Predator,Terminator, ALIENS WARHAMMER 40K, D.C, Evangelion, and the list goes on
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:59 AM   #16
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

i agree with you, release time is way too long, many people lose interest and can kill potentially many lines like this.
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #17
hittrix
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
i agree with you, release time is way too long, many people lose interest and can kill potentially many lines like this.
If the quality is good, i don't mind the wait at all.
hittrix is offline   Reply With Quote