Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
COI

Are people bailing on the Arkham line already?

So, word is the Arkham Knight Batman and Deathstroke EXs are quick conversions right now if you jump on the waitlist. Given how hyped people were for both of these pieces and how fast they initially sold out, that must mean lots of cancellations. I suppose the delays explain some of it, but not much when you consider it's only been a couple of months worth of delays for Batman, and Deathstroke hasn't been delayed at all yet.

So what's going on? Are we reaching a saturation point with this hobby? Is it the scale? Price? What do you guys think?
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #2
MrYac
Hercules

I think the fairly underwhelming game they are based on might also be a factor. The Knight was a very bland character and Deathstroke was in the game for about 10 minutes (about 2 of actual on screen time)
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I,m waiting on Bane. I hope they release him sometime soon. Hopefully he wont be too pricey either.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
strife87
Spider-Ham

I'm guessing people jumped on the knight batman as a definitive piece. Now that we have knowledge of so many more batman pieces in the works, like Miller, origins, lee, etc, there are a bunch of cancellations to wait for the one that appeals most to a collector.

Not really sure about deathstroke, he's a beautiful piece, but at almost 1000 and so many other options coming out, I think it's a bit easy to get caught up in the hype and then a few months later something you want more comes up and it's decision time, which do you need for your display.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #5
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
So, word is the Arkham Knight Batman and Deathstroke EXs are quick conversions right now if you jump on the waitlist. Given how hyped people were for both of these pieces and how fast they initially sold out, that must mean lots of cancellations. I suppose the delays explain some of it, but not much when you consider it's only been a couple of months worth of delays for Batman, and Deathstroke hasn't been delayed at all yet.

So what's going on? Are we reaching a saturation point with this hobby? Is it the scale? Price? What do you guys think?
Scale and amount of other awesome statues coming our way. Plus, if I ordered the AK batman, I would have canceled as soon as I saw the Frank Miller teaser.
Too many unknowns to pull the trigger on these big and pricey items. Harley Quinn is my only P1 order so far. Darkseid and Superman next! Unless Franky Miller Bats comes first. Lol
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #6
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Not me. Still on board.

I think the prices are fair for the scale and quality.

Right now this line seems to be the only way to get some long desired Bat-Villains while other companies are figuring out how many versions of Catwoman they can push on collectors.

These being based on a game is irrelevant to me. The character designs in the game are well done while still staying loyal to their comic counterparts, IMO.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #7
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post

I would guess the hype wore off and most people realized they couldn't afford to buy them...

I think if they would of made this line 1/4 scale instead it would be more popular... and then make the movie statues 1/3rd instead of 1/2 scale..

1/3rd and 1/2 scale are for people with deep pockets and lots of room to display. I think it's to much of a niche to really make any good profits from it. IMO
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #8
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I really dont think many people are bailing on Deathstroke, but AK and batman AK are the weak link for lets say miller batman or lee batman.

harley I dont know maybe when city is revealed people will be like noooooos time will tell.
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #9
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not going to bail on Deathstroke, as I'm still super stoked on this piece. I just wish P1 would do a couple of pieces from each of their lines to give variety for everyone. Maximize their buyers instead of narrowing them, makes more sense imo...
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #10
epitaph04
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I think the fairly underwhelming game they are based on might also be a factor. The Knight was a very bland character and Deathstroke was in the game for about 10 minutes (about 2 of actual on screen time)
Deathstroke statue is from Origins, not Knight. I think people are bailing because of:

1. Price, as some have mentioned earlier

2. Delays. People like to jump ship when something get delayed long enough.

Personally, I really enjoyed AK, and AO. Even if I hadnt, the designs are so strong IMO, that I would get them anyway. I love the Arkham Knight's design despite how underwhelming the character ended up turning out.

I'm very much in for a good number of these pieces, despite the delays.
epitaph04 is offline   Reply With Quote