Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #21
joyfi2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
Right. I can't care about this Raiden until they show us concepts for the next 2 releases at least. Show us 3 or 4 sketches so that people can determine if they want to invest into it, and it helps PCS get a more accurate gauge of interest, and less cancellations.
I agree with this 100%.

I feel apprehensive to buy into this line when history shows that PCS doesn't always stay committed to a line they start. As a result, you end up with having 4 or 5 different lines of mortal kombat, where one line may have a specific character that the other lines don't and vice versa, causing a collector to have to mix and match lines just to have a variety of characters to display.

I don't like how thus far, it's been a confusing and ambiguous hodge podge of fractured lines that sit in interim or just stop entirely.

Is this going to be another line that does the staple characters and then one or two unique characters and then just stops?

I would feel much more secure buying into this line if they gave more info upfront in terms of their goal with this line.
joyfi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #22
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfi2 View Post
I agree with this 100%.

I feel apprehensive to buy into this line when history shows that PCS doesn't always stay committed to a line they start. As a result, you end up with having 4 or 5 different lines of mortal kombat, where one line may have a specific character that the other lines don't and vice versa, causing a collector to have to mix and match lines just to have a variety of characters to display.

I don't like how thus far, it's been a confusing and ambiguous hodge podge of fractured lines that sit in interim or just stop entirely.

Is this going to be another line that does the staple characters and then one or two unique characters and then just stops?

I would feel much more secure buying into this line if they gave more info upfront in terms of their goal with this line.
Surprised by this one. We are one of the few companies that are actually doing "lines". Look at the SF Ultra as example. Plus the MM lines, the MK lines, MOTU, etc. We stay committed to a line as long as there is still interest.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #23
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Surprised by this one. We are one of the few companies that are actually doing "lines". Look at the SF Ultra as example. Plus the MM lines, the MK lines, MOTU, etc. We stay committed to a line as long as there is still interest.
*cough* MM Skeletor *cough*

PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #24
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

as a huge MK collector, i am excited to see this new statue however its very hard to start another MK line when the others are lacking so many key characters
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #25
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

They haven't even said they are stopping the other lines yet, and I'm thinking tremor will still be coming for the Mkx line.

All this from one little render....let's wait and see what happens first.... I for one am just super happy that they are continuing to do mk products as it got a little shakey for a while
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #26
Redsaleen
Justice League

Correct you can’t keep a line going to satisfy a few people. Kang was a bad choice and so was raiden. But that even the cyborgs sales were bad. Kitana and Lao would be the only classics to sell but I wouldn’t want Lao wasted on the classic line.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #27
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
For sure line depth is decided by customer purchases not company whimsy.

If sales on MK Klassics were strong enough we'd have seen every character by now. Even the most requested Klassic Kitana done in a style similar to the Klassic Jade and Mileena would be a hard sale at today's necessary higher prices. There is no easy answer with selling MK because not enough people are buying. You may be disappointed if you are still hoping for the MK pajama line to continue.

I would say this "reboot" is an attempt to get more people interested by use of a new style. Then they can work on requested characters.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #28
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

i think lao and raiden are great statues its not the statues themselves its PCS delays/customer service that has caused lack of sales. I have 10 MK statues on preorder and dont expect another one in hands for atleast another 6 months plus. I know the website shows many shipping in Q1 2018 I don't believe that at all. I doubt we get any MK statues in hands in Q1 2018. That to me is the most discouraging thing about PCS the long waits.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #29
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
i think lao and raiden are great statues its not the statues themselves its PCS delays/customer service that has caused lack of sales. I have 10 MK statues on preorder and dont expect another one in hands for atleast another 6 months plus. I know the website shows many shipping in Q1 2018 I don't believe that at all. I doubt we get any MK statues in hands in Q1 2018. That to me is the most discouraging thing about PCS the long waits.
When you say "lao" do you mean Liu Kang?

Because if enough people thought Liu Kang was a good statue he wouldn't still be available after last year's Black Friday sale and a couple deep discount sales this year.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #30
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
When you say "lao" do you mean Liu Kang?

Because if enough people thought Liu Kang was a good statue he wouldn't still be available after last year's Black Friday sale and a couple deep discount sales this year.
yeah liu kang lol, reason he is available cause many collectors got out of the classic line due to delays and missing so many key characters