Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #381
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Just being on this very board and the Facebook groups gives you enough numbers, honestly.
300 people bought the Legendary Scale Reaper @ 999$ or a generic nazi zombie soldier for 400$. Where's the connection there?
Interesting. Well, I'm on this board and FB as well and I get completely different "numbers" from you. Now what?

Quote:

It should be relevant since what's important for PCS is to sell. Once they have sold, that's it. They shouldn't care if flippers make any profit or how much that profit is and so on.
Might want to try reading before jumping so quickly on that reply button. No kidding flippers are important to the PCS business model. Overly-dependent on it at times IMO. But yeah, not my point. If you actually read the sentence I said flippers are not important to THIS conversation because for THIS particular piece they would be out of their minds to buy it to flip. PCS is going to have a hard enough time selling these through if they are not sized correctly, let alone there being enough meat on the bone to flip.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:26 AM   #382
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Interesting. Well, I'm on this board and FB as well and I get completely different "numbers" from you. Now what?
Now you might want to look further/better.
I'll reiterate: Sideshow sold 300 Reaper LSF priced at 999$ and people now pay 2000$ in the aftermarket for them.
They sold 750 Frozen Dead at 350$, 750 Templars at 350$, 1150 Undying Carcass at 285$... you get the tune.
So tell me where the "connection to the character" is, here.

By the way you're pointing out that I'm throwing around "fake stats" while you're the one going with the assumption that the Court of the Dead line is not selling enough to cover a couple hundreds of sales, which is the quantity being discussed here.
And that's because a few people mentioned passing on the Art Prints. It seems you're knee deep into assumptions.

Quote:
Might want to try reading before jumping so quickly on that reply button. No kidding flippers are important to the PCS business model. Overly-dependent on it at times IMO. But yeah, not my point. If you actually read the sentence I said flippers are not important to THIS conversation because for THIS particular piece they would be out of their minds to buy it to flip. PCS is going to have a hard enough time selling these through if they are not sized correctly, let alone there being enough meat on the bone to flip.
People have been trying to flip the Wonder Woman Ex on Ebay for months, and the damned thing is still available on Sideshow's website.
You talk like there are only professional flippers and investors out there, but that's not how it is, even so with more people joining the hobby right now and discovering PCS.
Don't know which numbers you're talking about, but in this thread I said that 125pcs per each Kotal is nuts (someone mentioned that amount), something like Open ES for the Reg + 300ES for each Ex to me makes much more sense and I stand by my opinion.
Also, sell outs can happen after days, or weeks, that's what's important. I see no need for PCS to constantly have flashy sell outs.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #383
biglebowski9999

Quote:
Now you might want to look further/better.
I'll reiterate: Sideshow sold 300 Reaper LSF priced at 999$ and people now pay 2000$ in the aftermarket for them.
They sold 750 Frozen Dead at 350$, 750 Templars at 350$, 1150 Undying Carcass at 285$... you get the tune.
So tell me where the "connection to the character" is, here.

By the way you're pointing out that I'm throwing around "fake stats" while you're the one going with the assumption that the Court of the Dead line is not selling enough to cover a couple hundreds of sales, which is the quantity being discussed here.
And that's because a few people mentioned passing on the Art Prints. It seems you're knee deep into assumptions.

People have been trying to flip the Wonder Woman Ex on Ebay for months, and the damned thing is still available on Sideshow's website.
You talk like there are only professional flippers and investors out there, but that's not how it is, even so with more people joining the hobby right now and discovering PCS.
Don't know which numbers you're talking about, but in this thread I said that 125pcs per each Kotal is nuts (someone mentioned that amount), something like Open ES for the Reg + 300ES for each Ex to me makes much more sense and I stand by my opinion.
Also, sell outs can happen after days, or weeks, that's what's important. I see no need for PCS to constantly have flashy sell outs.
You keep throwing out SS products as an indicator that tons of people buy pieces of characters that have no attachment to. SS and PCS are not even close to the same level. Why don't you give some PCS examples. How is the PotA line doing? Go into the Caesar thread...there were dozens of people that said "looks cool, don't care enough about the franchise/character." Same thing with Ursus....piece looks awesome and they sold about 10 of them yesterday...too expensive and not enough people care about the character.

I've already addressed your suggestion on ES for this piece and it's laughable so not going to bother with that again.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #384
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah, because Mortal Kombat is TOTALLY on the same level of PotA.
Let's talk about Gouken that sold out both Exclusives in a matter of minutes and the TBD Regular is somewhere around the 600 sold pieces already, then, since you want PCS examples.
And in all this, I have yet to see you prove that there is no attachment to Kotal as a character. You're basing your statistics on four board users?
So long for accuracy
Old 05-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #385
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Never know, maybe Jerry will pull a custom order for the coloring like he did with Dredd on the bike, damage VS non.

I know the scratches are a bit easier than paint scheme lines, but maybe.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #386
biglebowski9999

Quote:
Just being on this very board and the Facebook groups gives you enough numbers, honestly.
Quote:
You're basing your statistics on four board users?
So long for accuracy

Genius at work here, People. Step aside.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #387
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Genius at work here, People. Step aside.
Ah, the good old difference between reading the whole of the board+Facebook against literally the four users who posted in the MK thread. You're right, they might be six and not four

I still have to hear any proof on your thesis, btw, so far it's been only based assumption and personal interpretations of the facts.
Oh, plus selective answers to selective parts of my posts, while conveniently overlooking the rest.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #388
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Pics are on Facebook, I'm reading 435$ for the Blood God and 445$ for the War God. Given this is in Goro's range for size and has a s--t ton of details, seems about right, I was expecting more or less 450$.
So we're looking at 390-400$ for paid in full, right?
Wonder if I should go for one or two, mh.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #389
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Pics are on Facebook, I'm reading 435$ for the Blood God and 445$ for the War God. Given this is in Goro's range for size and has a s--t ton of details, seems about right, I was expecting more or less 450$.
Why not get all 3?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #390
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
I dont see them anywhere.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote