Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-08-2015, 01:56 AM   #471
Sosudective
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
So I got my Beastman a few days ago, finally, after waiting since mid November. Im not really all that impressed. It doesnt look like it pops out of the cartoon like the He-Man statue does. Its not as vibrant. You can tell the difference in this pic I took.The paint application isnt that clean aside from the orange. There's black paint fades all around the portrait. And black, sorta like shading in his beard. The magnets for the portraits were weak as hell. So I asked for replacement portraits, and when I received those, they werent any better. Customer service said that all the replacement parts had weak magnets. So Im returning it. And I think Im going to sell off my He-Man w/orko and get those deposits back for the rest of the MOTU line. I might go for the realistic line and just stick with He-Man and Battle Cat.

Same for me, i was not impressed at all by He-man and now Beastman. No more interest in the line. J'abandonne
Sosudective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #472
qz33
Rescue

Sorry to hear about the disappointment.

Were you wanting a more animated, simplistic, celluloid look ?

I understand about the magnets being weak as they are but everything still stays in where it is supposed to on mine.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #473
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
And I think Im going to sell off my He-Man w/orko and get those deposits back for the rest of the MOTU line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosudective View Post
Same for me, i was not impressed at all by He-man and now Beastman. No more interest in the line. J'abandonne
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #474
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Sorry to hear about the disappointment.

Were you wanting a more animated, simplistic, celluloid look ?

I understand about the magnets being weak as they are but everything still stays in where it is supposed to on mine.
I was wanting it just as vibrant as He-man. The orange paint is a bit flat.

I want to keep going with this line, but my whole experience with Beastman and getting it how it was, kinda killed my excitement.

And with the amount of money Im spending every year on statues, at least over $10k a year, and with prices going up and up, its unacceptable to accept a statue with sub par quality that has loose parts that will fall off with a single oops. Im picky but Im not that picky. By all means I accept tiny blemishes on statues I receive if it isnt bad. Nothing is perfect and I tell myself that all the time, that way people can get proper replacements without me having to ask for one when it isnt needed and taking someone elses well deserved replacement. But Im no longer tolerating poor QC with any company.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #475
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Has anyone had any issues with the bat with beast man, I haven't touched the bat since I put it on the tree branch, so yesterday I got it off to show my 4 year and where the body meets the wing it has almost come apart, huge crack in it.

I do look over the statues when I get them and I didnt see any hair line cracks, not to say they were or weren't there but I haven't touched the bat since and its up high, too high for my 4 year old to touch, will contact C/S I hope they could replace it.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #476
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the bat with beast man, I haven't touched the bat since I put it on the tree branch, so yesterday I got it off to show my 4 year and where the body meets the wing it has almost come apart, huge crack in it.

I do look over the statues when I get them and I didnt see any hair line cracks, not to say they were or weren't there but I haven't touched the bat since and its up high, too high for my 4 year old to touch, will contact C/S I hope they could replace it.

one of my bats wings was off when unboxed it. Not cracked though. It looked like it just went into a small slot and it just came unglued. I just glued it back on.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #477
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Wow, I felt the opposite with Beastman. I thought he looked like he came right out of the TV show! Love him and he looks more accurate than He-Man too IMO.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:13 AM   #478
chunkster702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Wow, I felt the opposite with Beastman. I thought he looked like he came right out of the TV show! Love him and he looks more accurate than He-Man too IMO.
I agree. Only thing is that he should be bigger. His scale seems on he smaller side.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:34 AM   #479
Darkhumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
I agree. Only thing is that he should be bigger. His scale seems on he smaller side.
Theyre all small. These MOTU pieces are actually 1/6 scale when you compare them to other 1/6 scale statues. They arent 1/4. The realistic He-Man will be a proper 1/4. It would have been nice if these filmation pieces were 22"-28" inches, instead of 17"-19" inches tall.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:37 AM   #480
chunkster702

Teela looks bigger than Beastman in the pics posted. Maybe its his hunching pose? I dont know.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote