Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Johnny2Times
Doh!

Question Frazetta Death Dealer III Bronze Faux

Does anyone have any info about these statues? I've scoured the internet and cannot find anything other than this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DD3.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	30222  
Johnny2Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
Elia Cid
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny2Times View Post
Does anyone have any info about these statues? I've scoured the internet and cannot find anything other than this pic.
Johnny,

Have you tried this link at the Frazetta Gallery?

Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer III

http://www.frazettaartgallery.com/gallery/gallery.html

Good luck,
Alex
Elia Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
ReturningSon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah, these came out suddenly and only appeared on Ebay. Frank's site is not sellling them and they look to be like a custom job or something. It is a recast of the death dealer III statue that was official licensed but it was never licensed out as a bronze. I email this guy a while ago. You should do the same...
P.S. that really doesn't look like faux bronze to me, more like weathered marble or something...
ReturningSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Elia Cid

This is from the Frazetta Art Gallery .

New Death Dealer Limited Edition hand painted statue SOLD OUT

SOLD OUT

With just ten reproduced and personally hand painted by the master himself, this fabulous edition was painstakingly done to match the colors of the original oil painting that hangs in the Frazetta Museum. Each one stands over 12 inches tall and is hand signed with the number of this edition. Each will come with an autographed print of the original painting with the corresponding number that matched the statue. Own an extremely rare piece that will never be offered again. The details are incredible and Frank spent hours with each stroke to make this a unique and extremely rare and once in a lifetime offer. The statues base is also signed and numbered by Frank Frazetta.

Alex
Old 04-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Vracula
Jedi Order

that statue was originally scuplted by company called WST workshop toys i emailed them to give me some more info but they didnt reply back ,there were 7500 pieces made although i dont know whether they actually did 7500,this is definatley a custome job i have the original one by workshop toys and its my most prized posseion ,you can find them on the bay ranging between 200 to 350$
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
Elia Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
that statue was originally scuplted by company called WST workshop toys i emailed them to give me some more info but they didnt reply back ,there were 7500 pieces made although i dont know whether they actually did 7500,this is definatley a custome job i have the original one by workshop toys and its my most prized posseion ,you can find them on the bay ranging between 200 to 350$
Vracula,

That’s wonderful!

It’s one of my favorite Death Dealer poses.

Congratulations on the piece!!

Alex
Old 04-02-2007, 02:12 AM   #7
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elia Cid View Post
Vracula,

That’s wonderful!

It’s one of my favorite Death Dealer poses.

Congratulations on the piece!!

Alex
yeah its fantastic but its nothing that you cant improve alex
too bad i cant afford the shipping and then your fees ,there you got me all excited now
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #8
Johnny2Times
Doh!

Death Dealer 3 Bronze Faux

Thanks for your responses. I knew of the Frazetta issue, but this one only pops up on Ebay every once and a while. It's says it's authentic, but authentic to what? Wasn't sure if it's worth the value....a few $100.
Johnny2Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #9
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I don't think they are necessarily recasts, but rather an original statue with some sort of bronze finish put on over the top. I don't know the techniques, but I know you can take things in like your kids first pair of shoes or something and have them covered with a bronze finish for a relatively low price. This is probably something similar, take a numbered statue and apply a thin faux bronze that makes the statue appear to be a bronze at a fraction of the cost. The ones I have seen are not falsley represented as an actual bronze, and I haven't seen the sellers get negative feedback over them, so it is probably just a matter of taste if you like the bronze appearance. I prefer the original.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #10
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I too was confused by these statues and sent the seller a number of emails about them. Having recently started looking into these statues I find the whole affair rather difficult to navigate, with limited edition signed pieces, some hand painted, others not, etc. etc. I found the seller, while not lying in any way, less than forthcoming with information. My impression is that this is some guy custom painting these to look faux bronze and then randomly assigning numbers to them. In other words, the numbers are meaningless. Why collect a numbered pieces if a collector is repainting and numbering the pieces. I asked if this was officially licensed and got a half answer. I emailed two recent auction winners and one said the statue looked great, the other said is was being repainted. I tend to like the look of the bronze but Im not so sure the seller is very trustworthy.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote