Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
Closetnerd
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I suggest you contact your CC company RIGHT AWAY and explain the situation to them. This will save you time and frustration!
Closetnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #12
kowarrior
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closetnerd View Post
I suggest you contact your CC company RIGHT AWAY and explain the situation to them. This will save you time and frustration!
I did that a few hours ago. They said the seller can decline the payment if her auctions were terminated. And if the fees still show up on my card, then call them back next week.
I hate having stuff like this hanging over my head.
kowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
Closetnerd
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Your CC company will not mess with you. They will take care of it if the charge does still go through. They CANNOT charge you for anything you say you did not receive. The seller would have to show PROOF of delivery, and I doubt they will be able to pull that off. The seller may keep the money possibly, but it will be your CC company's money and not yours!!
WORRY NOT!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
kowarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closetnerd View Post
Your CC company will not mess with you. They will take care of it if the charge does still go through. They CANNOT charge you for anything you say you did not receive. The seller would have to show PROOF of delivery, and I doubt they will be able to pull that off. The seller may keep the money possibly, but it will be your CC company's money and not yours!!
WORRY NOT!
Thanks!!
Do you think I should also contact paypal about this matter and inform them of what happened? Since I did afterall make the credit card payment through paypal and they urge all ebay users to always contact them about such situations.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #15
kowarrior

Also, any seller who keeps an honest buyer's money WITHOUT sending them the purchased items is a criminal in my view and should be dealt with. I hope the lady does the right thing and simply reverses the payment via paypal.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #16
Closetnerd
Statue Forum MacDaddy

You could contact Paypal first, but that is where the frustration REALLY begins. They are just the middleman and tend to put you off until the dust settles on these kinda things. You probably should contact them, just to CYA... But don't be surprised if they are a bit insensitive.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #17
kowarrior

Oh sh*t!!! I've just been sent an automated PayPal shipment and tracking confirmation email that the 2 headbusts have shipped already. Seems like the seller is not aware yet that eBay terminated her listings this morning.
She obviously can't chase her package now that it's left the USPS office. I guess when I get it, should I have it sent back or should I keep it. She's got my money already anyway. And I won't be covered by eBay if I accept the parcel and the busts end up being damaged.
I guess I'll have to talk to her via email when she's available.
She seems like a nice lady though. I still really want the busts. But I know I shouldn't accept them if eBay has terminated the listings. The stupid thing about eBay is they always terminated the listings AFTER the listings have ended and when the deal is sealed.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #18
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

so if you accept a package and it has a rock inside you are screwed?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #19
Closetnerd
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Your CC company will still cover you. At least they should. Citi Bank has taken care of me in the past on these sort of things.
I would try to have a conversation with her before they arrive.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #20
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Wow, that's a tough situation. If you've already paid and the package arrives, I would want to simply keep the busts, if they're all right.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote