Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-29-2007, 02:00 AM   #31
kowarrior
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brru View Post
The post office will not allow you to open anything unaccepted. Your Credit Card company is the best option at this point since if they are broken they will cancel any payments.

honesty, I would take the packages and open them to see what quality they are in. Since you know why the auction was canceled you can make a fare assessment of the situation. It sounds to me that it doesnt seem this person is ripping you off, but if they are then you are backed by the Credit card. And a bank would be able to sue someone (or rather get it back in insurance) a hell of a lot easier then you would.

While I know that ebay says they are not responsible, you might want to talk to ebay since legally the business deal took place along with the transaction. They cover their butts with the terms of use crap, but if they are a worthy company then they will help you out the best they can. Considering thats their business, you would think they would be more then happy to help. They will probably tell you to send the package back and request your money back, so make sure you are fully aware of your choice before you talk to them.

Thats just how I feel. Make sure its your choice though.

Oh and my old ebay account was suspended several years back by them and I was never told why (hell I was never told period). I know for a fact I didn't do anything wrong with it, but I think I just wasn't active enough. so 1.) this lady may not understand the situation yet and 2.) It may just be ebay jumping the gone thinking something might possibly go wrong with this person considering everything she is selling.
Very interesting Brru, especially about your eBay account. I personally saw nothing in any of her listings that broke eBay's rules when it comes to illegal items or copyright infringement, etc. She was just selling the usual statues, busts, etc. So I'd figure that your theory makes a lot more sense especially since you were a victim too. Then again, a whole lot of silly people work for eBay and any of them can push a button.

I assume I'll probably receive an email from the seller tomorrow. I don't even know if she's aware yet of eBay removing her listings and terminating her account.
kowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #32
kowarrior

Good news. eBay made a mistake with the seller and after the seller provided them with proof of purchase/legal items, they reinstated her and the listings. Looks like all is good now.
My busts should arrive in 5 business days and I have tracking numbers.
If anybody cares, I'll take some photos of the busts upon arrival. I just hope The Thing bust stays mint during shipping.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #33
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

That's excellent news, kowarrior! Be sure to post pics when your stuff arrives!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #34
kowarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
That's excellent news, kowarrior! Be sure to post pics when your stuff arrives!
Will do.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #35
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Glad to hear it worked out for you
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #36
kowarrior

I'll post new pictures of all my busts just in case anybody else is interested in grabbing some of these life size DF Ross busts in the future. They're all quite well done, especially the Wolverine which is my favourite piece along with the Spidey. I think they could've done a better job with the Thor, particularly on the painting of the face. The Thor seems one of the less popular busts in the line for obvious reasons. I picked that up since it's still part of the line.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #37
kowarrior

Yay!!!

My DF Ross life-sized head busts arrived yesterday afternoon from the States. I live in Canada. Unbelievable how fast they reached me. The seller shipped them out on Friday afternoon via USPS International Express and I got them Tuesday early afternoon.
The seller I got them from named waterlilly who despite having a 0 feedback rating really seemed like a pro in the way she packed things and sent them out.
Everything was secure and courier took good care of the busts during shipping.
I received The Thing and Green Goblin. Thing is actually designed and sculpted by Lou Cella, Goblin is done by Alex Ross and Mike Hill.
They both came in mint quality, no paint flaking or anything of the sort despite problems I've often heard from other collectors concerning The Thing having a flaking problem.
It's a great huge bust, very impressive in person and I love the Goblin too, he really is captured well in sculpture as he's shown in the comics with his devious and evil grin.
The Thing aka Ben Grimm has a very down to business "Let's Get it On" type of attitude, simply put he looks like an angry fellow!
I will post photos of these 2 busts tonight. They're still sitting on my dining room table.
If anybody out there is looking to collect life-sized busts from UD from the Ross line, I'd say go for it. They're terrific pieces. Very pricey though.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #38
MikeNegin
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowarrior View Post
My DF Ross life-sized head busts arrived yesterday afternoon from the States. I live in Canada. Unbelievable how fast they reached me. The seller shipped them out on Friday afternoon via USPS International Express and I got them Tuesday early afternoon.
The seller I got them from named waterlilly who despite having a 0 feedback rating really seemed like a pro in the way she packed things and sent them out.
Everything was secure and courier took good care of the busts during shipping.
I received The Thing and Green Goblin. Thing is actually designed and sculpted by Lou Cella, Goblin is done by Alex Ross and Mike Hill.
They both came in mint quality, no paint flaking or anything of the sort despite problems I've often heard from other collectors concerning The Thing having a flaking problem.
It's a great huge bust, very impressive in person and I love the Goblin too, he really is captured well in sculpture as he's shown in the comics with his devious and evil grin.
The Thing aka Ben Grimm has a very down to business "Let's Get it On" type of attitude, simply put he looks like an angry fellow!
I will post photos of these 2 busts tonight. They're still sitting on my dining room table.
If anybody out there is looking to collect life-sized busts from UD from the Ross line, I'd say go for it. They're terrific pieces. Very pricey though.
Congrats! I'm glad everything worked out!
MikeNegin is offline   Reply With Quote