Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #1261
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

That Collector's Paradise print reminds me of a Zenescope print they did for a signing here in Vegas a couple years ago at Battlezone Comics. Fairly quiet unannounced and limited to I think it was 50. Good luck finding them now! lol
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #1262
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Are you sure it goes for that much? One of the reasons the VIP print sells for that much is because it's such a cool image.

that comix paradise one, she could'nt be more covered up!
Remember opinions are subjective so there could be a LOT of people out there that absolutely love this print.

In all honesty, the fact that she is completely covered up is actually what I like most about this print. Its like the print I was talking about yesterday, where she is wearing her goggles. Almost every picture done thus far of LM has the goggled up above her forehead so that print is really one of the only images done so far where she is actually wearing them. That makes the image extremely unique. Plus I think she looks badass when she is wearing them. Almost every LM print has big time cleavage showing or her stomach showing or her legs with garter belt showing etc. Yet in this print, she is wearing a full on dress that shows you absolutely nothing. This is a very unique print for this very reason. Sometimes things are best left to the imagination.

Don't get me wrong, I love those other LM prints, for the aspects I just spoke about (cleavage, garter belts, stomach showing etc..) but I also like variety and unique prints and again, this is a very unique print in the LM universe. Plus I think the dress is very cool, her gloves are very cool, her glasses are amazing and while the background isn't anything special, at least there is something there instead of just a crazy backdrop. As I was stating yesterday, I vastly prefer the images that actually have real backdrops. Actually the more I look at this print, the more I like it.

Given what I have seen with Lady Mechanika prices, I am extremely confident that one of these prints listed on eBay would bring in at least $200. $300 might be pushing it a bit but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it did hit $300.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #1263
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I guess it's the lower half of the outfit that I don't care for...looks like she's wearing 1000 yards of drapes and is hiding several farm animals under it, lol.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #1264
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I think the coolest thing about this particular print, beyond what OrangeCrush described how it's so different, is how mysterious she looks with the sunglasses on and hat pulled down. It is also one of the only images where she's not holding a gun(s).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #1265
Yoda III.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I do have one more question for the community at large. Do you guys really care if you have a lower print number when it comes to collecting prints? I can understand where some people might put some added value in the first print or even the last print in a particular edition but beyond that, do people really care if they have a low print number? I just don't get it and it seems like everywhere I look, I am seeing sellers hype up the significance of lower print numbers.

So basically, the question I have is do you value lower prints numbers over higher print numbers and would you be willing to pay more to get a lower number print.

Well, good question.
Coin Collectors prefer first Strike Editions, because the coining punch is not battered like after 1.000 Coins.
But for a print - maybe if the printer runs out of ink

Personally I like it to have matching numbers for a connected print run, e.g. the SDCC daily prints.

And for prints with the #23/xxx I even would pay a premium, but thats only a little collectors obsession
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #1266
Yoda III.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Turn...item3cc93f7a8b

Btw.: There is a lot of MT artwork on the market at the moment.
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #1267
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda III. View Post
Well, good question.
Coin Collectors prefer first Strike Editions, because the coining punch is not battered like after 1.000 Coins.
But for a print - maybe if the printer runs out of ink

Personally I like it to have matching numbers for a connected print run, e.g. the SDCC daily prints.

And for prints with the #23/xxx I even would pay a premium, but thats only a little collectors obsession
Again, I completely understand the matching number thing when dealing with sets. I just don't understand how someone could put more value in a print because it was printed before another print. It literally boggles my mind. Then again, unscrupulous sellers are always looking for ways of making more money so maybe that's where this whole thing originated from. That I could understand. How people fall for it, that's a different story, one I will never understand.

I know one thing and that is that auctions and art dealers, at least the honest ones, pay no credence whatsoever to the idea that a lower print number has more value. My wife collects paintings and drawings and LOVES to go to art auctions and estate sales. We have been to hundreds over the last 10+ years and the only time I have ever seen print numbers brought up is when it was the alpha print (#1) or an artist proof. If its any other number, it doesn't even get mentioned.

If people like having lower print numbers then there is absolutely nothing wrong with those collectors going after lower print numbers. To each their own. As long as they understand that those lower numbered prints are not more valuable, its all is good. Its actually thinking that lower numbers are actually more valuable that's completely out of whack and the sellers that are pushing this idea are full of it and just trying to make more money. I actually prefer even print numbers like 10, 20, 30, 40 etc... That said I am not paying more to get an even number and I completely understand that it has no effect on value whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda III. View Post

Btw.: There is a lot of MT artwork on the market at the moment.
Yeah I saw that earlier this week. One seller in particular has like 5 Turner originals up right now but his prices are a joke. he is asking like 5-8k per piece and they aren't as nice as this piece.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #1268
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I think the coolest thing about this particular print, beyond what OrangeCrush described how it's so different, is how mysterious she looks with the sunglasses on and hat pulled down. It is also one of the only images where she's not holding a gun(s).
Nice observation. I saw that she was holding an umbrella but I didn't even think about the gun thing. Just another aspect to this print that separates it from the pack. I agree 100% with the mysterious pose. Those glasses, just barely peering out from under the rim of the hat, is very alluring and mysterious. Again, the more I look at this print, the more I like it. Hopefully I will be able to add it to my collection someday. You just never know with rare prints like this. It all depends on the owners.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #1269
ReyJ22
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just received the ex Black Armored Aspen statue, and I have a question for anyone who also bought this from Aspen: where were the prints stored in the packaging? I just unboxed her and I can't find the COA or the two prints that was supposed to come with her.
ReyJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #1270
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Nice observation. I saw that she was holding an umbrella but I didn't even think about the gun thing. Just another aspect to this print that separates it from the pack. I agree 100% with the mysterious pose. Those glasses, just barely peering out from under the rim of the hat, is very alluring and mysterious. Again, the more I look at this print, the more I like it. Hopefully I will be able to add it to my collection someday. You just never know with rare prints like this. It all depends on the owners.
Yeah, that mystery is the main draw to this particular print.

Sucks because I know two people that have it, and neither are willing to sell LOL.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote