Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #2161
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

This thread never fails to entertain... cute cats.

I'm a dog fan, myself.
I love dogs as well. I was just never able to have dogs as my job requires way too much traveling, sometimes for weeks on end. You can throw a large bowl of food down, get a water dispenser type water bowl and take off for weeks and not have to worry about your cats. I still have someone check on them every couple of days but for the most part they are completely independent. Dogs are a completely different story. Now that I am married I could get one as my wife or son could take care of the dog while I was away but they are both cat people as well so its just always been cats.

I will admit, I do get a bit jealous when I see people camping and hiking with their dogs. We are big outdoors people and I think it would be very cool to be able to bring your dog along on such trips. I am an animal person in general so there isn't really an animal out there that I don't like. That said, I am definitely a cat person.

We just got our Christmas Tree earlier this morning (yeah, a bit late this year!) and its Kody's first Christmas. She was scared to death of it. She went running off a hundred miles an hour, back arched, tail super fat, lol. 25 minutes later she was trying to climb it and attacking the branches. Taboo, our male tuxedo cat, actually finds a spot and sleeps in the tree. He has been doing that since he was a kitten. Gotta love the holidays!

Ok, back to Aspen prints. I found a local collector a few months back, through the dealer I use, that was thinking about selling his collection, or at least part of it. He had been out of work for some time and money was getting tight, an all too familiar story these days. Anyways, he contacted me last week and told me he was willing to start selling some of his pieces. I stopped by there this afternoon and came home with 8 prints that I needed, all older prints signed by Turner. All are highly sought after and would have cost me at least 200 a pop on eBay and knowing me, they probably would have come damaged, lol. He sold me all 8 for $1000 flat and the best part is they are all in pristine condition. This guy knows how to handle prints! He still has a lot more I want so hopefully he calls me back again to buy more. Either way, I just scratched off a lot of hard to find prints from my checklist! If I get some time, I will take some pictures and post them up tomorrow.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #2162
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennfett View Post
damn i clicked the Aspen thread and got a whole heap of cat pics..lol

definately looking to pick up the monday print.so that leaves the j scott print now does it not?
Yeah that is the last OP print that was announced but who knows, Aspen could have more planned for the holidays. This is an excerpt from Aspen's latest WET magazine.

Quote:
Over at AspenStore, orders are finally caught up from the holiday rush of Thanksgiving weekend, and now it's time to pick up the pieces and put it all back together again. We're preparing for the next onslaught of orders as Aspen's Holiday Sale continues and we're ready to go big again with Christmas Day and Boxing Day specials just for you! Not just specials-- but exclusive prints, comics, mini-prints, gifts and more!
Judging by that statement, there might be more stuff headed our way.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #2163
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

My wallet is now crying with the Christmas prints news ;-)

OC: I'd be interested to see a side by side picture of the new OP vs the standard con print of that Showcase Grace print (when you get it) to see whether the newer ones look noticeably better if you would be so kind?
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #2164
le Gardien
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The origninal version is not old and I think same print quality , same ink and definition exept the famous border!!!
le Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #2165
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Can someone post an actual in-hand pic of the original? I'm so torn on whether I want to order this or not.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #2166
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
My wallet is now crying with the Christmas prints news ;-)

OC: I'd be interested to see a side by side picture of the new OP vs the standard con print of that Showcase Grace print (when you get it) to see whether the newer ones look noticeably better if you would be so kind?
In all honesty, I am not sure I am the best person to do this as the only digital camera I have is a Canon G-10 (I still shoot with film 99% of the time) and I don't know if its the model in general or if there is something wrong with my camera but it doesn't do a good job with blacks. I almost always have to do a slight level adjustment in Photoshop to get nice deep blacks. Of course, doing any level adjustments when comparing pictures like you want me to do would totally ruin any objectivity the exercise had as I would be altering the look of the pictures. If I don't do a level adjustment, the prints will look flat and I don't think you would be able to see a difference, even if there was one. I could certainly try and see what the results are but I am betting the results will be that both prints wind up looking flat.

There might not be a difference between the two prints. It depends on when the original was printed. I tried looking it up but was unable to find the date the original print was released. By the way, the inks aren't the only thing you have to take into account. The paper itself also plays a very big role in the overall quality of the image and Epson has updated their papers many times over the years. The newer papers have a larger color gamut than the older papers.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #2167
Viper2005
Hellboy

The Aspen Showcase OP Print for this Monday is up!
http://www.aspenstore.com/Aspen-Grac...ce-2012-op.htm

Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #2168
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

You guys are quick!
rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #2169
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

got it ordered.woooo
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #2170
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Got 3 copies and it didn't cost me anything, except some reward points. Thanks Aspen!