Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #141
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
damn that puts things into perspective... I didn't have an issue with the pf size, I didn't like that he was overall a little short with the base though. I think this is perfect, he can now easily be the centerpiece of my villain display towering over everyone else as it should be
I've enjoyed watching your progress and turn around on this piece.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #142
SONICobra
Batman

Like i said complete 180, im glad i saw the light

part of it was honestly getting the pf in hand and being a little let down. the classic costume while I like it - I dunno seemed so plain in sculpture form in person. he didn't tower over other statues, the paint while decently applied seemed very bland, overall it just didn't have the presence I was looking for in a darkseid statue. this kind of addresses each of those issues plus its not as big as I originally thought based on the very first teaser and the ex makes the portrait I didn't like a non-issue
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #143
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah this piece is awesome. And while yes the character has changed visually over the years, I feel like it isn't so drastic that something like this can't be the definite Darkseid piece.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #144
Comicbookguy
Hercules

this is a true beast of a statue for 1/4. Amazing! The more I see it the more I like it! Off course it's on po I blame p1 for more long work hours at the grocery store. Will see if I can pick up more shifts. I mean I only make like 15kto 20k ish a year at 40 hrs a week minus the huge taxes. This doesn't include daily expenses. I have a year to pay off This beastly cool thing this will be a hard working year for sure. Blood and sweat time. Now I don't mind getting yelled at by 5 different managers as long as I get p1 grey big stone monster guy.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #145
danteipp
Hellboy

Wow, thanks for sharing the pic comparing the two statues! Size isn't everything most of the time, but that is the Darkseid I envisioned.

Definitely happy I waited for the P1 version. I almost won an eBay auction a couple months ago, just throwing a bid out there at the last minute, now I am relieved I didn't win and don't regret it in the least.

I will also add that because of these Prime 1 N52 statues, Spiderman 2099/Venom and the 1/3 Batman line, I am going to have to start selling some statues for space and to refocus my collection. I am just a big fan of almost everything Prime 1 is doing right now. I am excited, and my wallet is scared, to see what is coming next.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #146
Cyber Warrior
Frackin!

Was just watching Justice League War and thinking this would have been a nice balance in his look, combination of new and classic. Either way I'm happy with the New 52, better details and the size of him is perfect.

https://youtu.be/ez4UdhAXwPQ
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #147
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

Bit the bullet. POd
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:56 AM   #148
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I got my Darkseid PF EX just the other day and what a disappointment .... he is going back not worth the money

I prefer the classic version of this character. However the Modern New 52 version of Darkseid put out by Prime 1 l@@ks incredible!

The costume may not be as appealing to most but there is no denying that the detail and stature of this piece makeup for everything and then some .... wow factor all around
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #149
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
I got my Darkseid PF EX just the other day and what a disappointment .... he is going back not worth the money

I prefer the classic version of this character. However the Modern New 52 version of Darkseid put out by Prime 1 l@@ks incredible!

The costume may not be as appealing to most but there is no denying that the detail and stature of this piece makeup for everything and then some .... wow factor all around
just curious how you got the EX recently since it's been sold out for a while.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:39 AM   #150
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
just curious how you got the EX recently since it's been sold out for a while.
Darkseid EX was never sold out, it's been on waitlist all this time...I was on the list to get converted only a couple of weeks ago, which I declined
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote