Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The first one was such a snore fest.... and the little action that happened at the end was all pretty much predictable...
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #12
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

But it was very very pretty and in 3D!

A very worn out storyline with the whole ancient astronauts thing, which was compelling sci fi or (bogus "documentaries") in the sixties and seventies is quite worn out now thank you.

But the greatest flaw was that almost all the characters were I'm sorry... behaving like complete utter unprofessional idiots most of the time. It was painful, destroyed suspension of disbelief and eventually I just wanted them all to die. Only the android did I like. That says something.

Amazingly it seemed to pick up a little steam in the last ten minutes, so perhaps a sequel would go somewhere interesting.

A woman in an ancient stolen alien craft with her android head buddy seeking out answers from the universe actually sounds interesting if they can level it up from the previous mess.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post

An uncertain certainty. A certain uncertainty??

uncertainty principle
noun - Psychedelics.

- the principle that the truth and falsehood of a supposition cannot both coexist at the same time. Except perhaps in parallel time lines or under the influence of auntie matter...or uncle matter...it doesn't matter...
Uncle and Auntie Matter walk iinto a bar. Uncle Matter starts flirting with the waitress, and Auntie Matter...wait for it......wait for it........blows up!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Uncle and Auntie Matter walk iinto a bar. Uncle Matter starts flirting with the waitress, and Auntie Matter...wait for it......wait for it........blows up!
Good one!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
Good one!
Thanks. Your previous post inspired me. Love puns/word play!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #16
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
yeah i was expecting to see more or wanted to see it done differently i guess. hopefully they get into the Alien creature's development more in the next film now that we all know where it came from.
They won't. That was never the point. The Prometheus movies are set in the same universe as the Alien movies, but are tangential story lines. The scene at the end of Prometheus was just fan service.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
But it was very very pretty and in 3D!

A very worn out storyline with the whole ancient astronauts thing, which was compelling sci fi or (bogus "documentaries") in the sixties and seventies is quite worn out now thank you.

But the greatest flaw was that almost all the characters were I'm sorry... behaving like complete utter unprofessional idiots most of the time. It was painful, destroyed suspension of disbelief and eventually I just wanted them all to die. Only the android did I like. That says something.

Amazingly it seemed to pick up a little steam in the last ten minutes, so perhaps a sequel would go somewhere interesting.

A woman in an ancient stolen alien craft with her android head buddy seeking out answers from the universe actually sounds interesting if they can level it up from the previous mess.
Not just unprofessional, but motivations and actions of the characters are either contrary to the characters' backgrounds or make absolutely no sense. The mapper gets lost, the biologist plays with the strange aliens and David goes around infecting the crew like he knows what the outcome will be. Fooled me once. Not going to what any sequels.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Not just unprofessional, but motivations and actions of the characters are either contrary to the characters' backgrounds or make absolutely no sense. The mapper gets lost, the biologist plays with the strange aliens and David goes around infecting the crew like he knows what the outcome will be. Fooled me once. Not going to what any sequels.

They could have at least tried to explain the behavior.
Some transmitted field around the aliens base that was defensive in that it impaired sound thought. But alas we should not have to come up with explainations to make bad writing work.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #19
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think Alien: Resurrection was better than this film.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #20
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
I think Alien: Resurrection was better than this film.