Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-16-2016, 03:55 PM   #451
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Especially with the amount of poor experiences with ST...could be another reason why they haven't sold out of their allotment of Boba's and why some passing on Captain America as well.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #452
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
nop, i ordered through simply toys and they were told by XM they had no replacements for my damaged Ms marvel base,, but when i contacted XM they said i can buy a new one,, lol, I decided then and there I was done dealing with them , not worth it , when u have spend about 800$ for a single item and that was probably XM most simplest statue yet
It kind of sounds like Simple Toys was lying to you as they didn't want to incur the cost of shipping you another statue.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:06 PM   #453
built2shred
Phoenix

Remember to, that XM Studios was riding a big wave when they launched as they were the only ones really competing with SS making Marvel 1/4 scale statues with superior QC, they had about a year of that, then came Iron Studios, Prime 1 and a few others giving them a lot more competition and also cheaper shipping costs.

Since that happen prices on new XM statues have dropped back down to retail, and people selling their used XM Statues are doing so at a lost now....

Just my opinion but I do hope XM goes back to 500 ES for everything, by doing this it would help keep the prices more stable for XM owners for whatever reason need to sell their statue in the secondary market.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:29 PM   #454
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Remember to, that XM Studios was riding a big wave when they launched as they were the only ones really competing with SS making Marvel 1/4 scale statues with superior QC, they had about a year of that, then came Iron Studios, Prime 1 and a few others giving them a lot more competition and also cheaper shipping costs.
Also, say what you will about SS, however there is no doubt in my mind that their improved sculpts, character selection and quality is in direct competition to XM.

I'm not complaining, though, it means I can now think about purchasing a statue instead of being worried about it selling out in seconds.

I don't know if I could handle fast sellouts for the Transformers stuff. I needs them all.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #455
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

I pre ordered one and I m looking forward to get it !
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #456
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Since that happen prices on new XM statues have dropped back down to retail, and people selling their used XM Statues are doing so at a lost now....

Just my opinion but I do hope XM goes back to 500 ES for everything, by doing this it would help keep the prices more stable for XM owners for whatever reason need to sell their statue in the secondary market.
I dont think they would make enough profit as a company to be sustainable if they cut their ES in half when its already this low especially when they have no problem at all selling out right away. I think XM just needs to somehow get their price-point lower.. although at 1000 SGD on average per statue which is around $750 USD per statue, thats pretty reasonable already, but after duties and shipping to America that adds on $300-$400 which brings cost to around $1100 . If we were only paying the usual $50 to ship, it would be much more easy to sell for profit down the road but the problem is shipping and duties from Singapore eats away most of it. And not getting the coin anymore kinda hurt potential resale value too.. could always count on selling that for $100-$200.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #457
wanderlai
The Tick

I'm a bit shocked Fett hasn't put more wind in XM s sails. Very little talk at all. It's for sure slowed down. Maybe too many C and D list characters to keep the momentum going. I like seeing the random characters be made but that comes at a cost.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #458
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Maybe the Star Wars fans aren't as rabid as Marvel fans. Seems strange to say, but for their territories, it could very well be true.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #459
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I've got Fett pre ordered and I'm stoked for him, but he's (in my opinion) not a total knockout license barn burner like Magneto was.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #460
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
That will be Darth Maul...
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote