Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #291
100 Hand Slap
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGuy View Post
If you can hide the seams 100% im all for it, if not, lets keep the trend going as it is.
I love the fact my Akuma 1/3 doesnt come apart.
Right this was part of the appeal of the line
100 Hand Slap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #292
strife87
Spider-Ham

Lookin good!
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:14 PM   #293
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
If you can hide the seams 100% im all for it, if not, lets keep the trend going as it is.
I love the fact my Akuma 1/3 doesnt come apart.
Actualy Akuma has a considerably noticable seam.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:30 AM   #294
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Where at besides his hair piece? Or is that what you're referring to?
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:32 AM   #295
DoomGuy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
If you're talking about the seam where the hair is removed, thats barely noticable.

The Akuma is that much appealing because its one mould, well sort of. The feet (foot/ankle/shin) are seperate moulds but his clothing covers the evidence.

I vote no switchout pieces for what ever its worth.
DoomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:24 AM   #296
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Where at besides his hair piece? Or is that what you're referring to?
Yes.

Quote:
If you're talking about the seam where the hair is removed, thats barely noticable.
It's a pretty big seam on mine.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:04 AM   #297
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Take my money now. That's all.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:53 AM   #298
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
The 1:3 will be more realistic and might have switch out heads as Sagat has a couple really great expressions.
Different portraits are important in separating the variants, but given the space that each 1/3 takes up, multiple portraits help to keep things fresh. Ryu and Chun Li 1/3 could really have benefitted from additional portraits. Sagat is crying out for three: Neutral, Clenched Teeth and Open Mouthed/Laughing.

If alternative trunks are not enough to justify the variants, then as others have suggested maybe provide alternative trunks with each piece and just have one variant with a 1000 edition size. It will sell out no question.

A big part of Scorpion 1/3's appeal was the switch out skull portrait. Prime 1 have set the bar with 1/3 switch outs and I'd like to see PCS match them where possible. Lack of switch outs portraits on Goro 1/3 was a big oversight in my opinion given that no one is likely to attempt Goro in 1/3 again any time soon.

Quote:
Strongly disagree. Sagat 1/4 and Ultra Vega 1/4 have shown that the seams are pretty much invisible. The folds in Sagat's neck can be used to hide neck seam at the back. The mandible provides a natural seam joining the head and neck. Akuma 1/3 would really have been no different with switch outs.

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:57 AM   #299
mjjj1987
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

This is going to look great....Red Ant already said it was roughly Goro's size, so the next issue will be to buy bigger casses for those 2
mjjj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #300
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I agree with Archery... I would like to see switch out options.

I think PCS needs to rethink it's business strategy and offer a fresh new approach to the statue collector business model and offer switch out portraits/outfits/weapons etc as an actual cost center.

Meaning PCS charges for these options. Be a leader and create a completely new market that is already thriving in the underground! Offer 1 base piece that is customizable but completely affordable (still make the margin needed to cover expenses and maintain profitability). These 1:3's are pretty large and to offer 3 of each is becoming cost prohibitive to a large section of their base not to mention collectors are going to run out of room eventually.

Offer the 999 pieces or whatever of the base body and then charge for exclusive, limited edition portraits, outfit improvement/changes, weapons, hands/arms for poses...

Charge $150-$200 for each and let the collector customize their piece like a Dell computer. It will allow collectors to freshen up their collections based on their needs and wants at the time.

From a business angle it will build substantial margin in their pieces. $999 or whatever for the base offering and if you add 3-4 options it could add another $600-$800 in cost but was chosen by the customers/collector. Make them limited to 150 or so of each so they sell out...

Lastly it will also generate return customers buying these options when they want to change the appearance of their pieces or have the funds they might not have had at preorder time.

Just some crazy thoughts...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote