Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-06-2019, 11:58 PM   #3711
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
That has been my experience with SS. The replacement parts are never as good as the originals. My replacement Iron Man MKIII had so many issues, I sent it back for a refund. But I have seen the paint be worse on small replacement pieces too.
the replacement looks like it was used before because it has scratches on the peg....my original head was pristine with no signs that it was inserted into the neck.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 AM   #3712
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post

Is this piece normal? It looks segmented to me but I'm wondering if it is the same for everyone else.
i will check mine tomorrow....mine has a chip on one of the tips and I will just fix that. I did not want to return the whole statue and risk getting a messed up one....i already got a replacement head that has more defects
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:03 AM   #3713
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Got mine in today as well.

Fortunately the most critical elements seem to be in good shape - she seats well on the base, and her head sculpt is fine - no problems with the eyes.

But the largest tip of the clear flame on the base was sheared off, and there are several clearly visible paint flaws across her thigh, belt and suit, most notably some very large shiny black patches that really stand out from the dark matte black/grey of her outfit. I'm sure these could be addressed by someone with skill in painting...

I suppose I've been quite lucky over time, having hardly ever had any issues of any note as I've collected.

Given all I've heard, I'm concerned that trying to get this addressed might land me in a bigger fix than I am in now, so maybe I just deal with it. Wouldn't want to get a replacement with even more fundamental issues.

Have put in a request to Sideshow for assistance - will have to see what help might be available. Fingers crossed!
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:20 AM   #3714
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Ok.....my replacement head arrived....it has more defects than my first. My Psylocke is in storage so i was not able to do a side by side comparison for eye wonkiness...maybe tomorrow. But the replacement has more defects anyway so the eye is not really a concern anymore.

Looks fine to me

*shrugs*
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:06 AM   #3715
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

Is this piece normal? It looks segmented to me but I'm wondering if it is the same for everyone else.
My EX had some imperfections in the base, the X-Force one does as well, i think its the nature of this base.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:39 AM   #3716
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
(the yellow arrow) my base looks the same. I thought there was a piece missing? then i figured maybe it is supposed to look that way?

Mine has the same statue to base insert issue (front foot floating by 4mm - 5mm off the base).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:25 AM   #3717
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
i will check mine tomorrow....mine has a chip on one of the tips and I will just fix that. I did not want to return the whole statue and risk getting a messed up one....i already got a replacement head that has more defects
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
My EX had some imperfections in the base, the X-Force one does as well, i think its the nature of this base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
(the yellow arrow) my base looks the same. I thought there was a piece missing? then i figured maybe it is supposed to look that way?

Mine has the same statue to base insert issue (front foot floating by 4mm - 5mm off the base).
Got it. Thanks guys. It looks a bit weird but glad to hear that it's by design. The fitting issue is definitely a pain. I've had similar issues with some Prime 1 pieces but they all self-adjusted into their slot after a few days. I'll give this one the same chance and see if it works out before I go knocking on sideshow's door about it.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:32 AM   #3718
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Got it. Thanks guys. It looks a bit weird but glad to hear that it's by design. The fitting issue is definitely a pain. I've had similar issues with some Prime 1 pieces but they all self-adjusted into their slot after a few days. I'll give this one the same chance and see if it works out before I go knocking on sideshow's door about it.
It would have made more sense if 'by design' it didn't look like a piece was missing
Old 11-07-2019, 08:55 AM   #3719
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
Looks fine to me

*shrugs*
I'm not seeing any issues either. Aside from the drastically different lighting.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:14 AM   #3720
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Ok.....my replacement head arrived....it has more defects than my first. My Psylocke is in storage so i was not able to do a side by side comparison for eye wonkiness...maybe tomorrow. But the replacement has more defects anyway so the eye is not really a concern anymore.

Both look fine. The one of the left side possibly looks slightly better.