Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #491
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post
How tall does the top of Vader's measure? I need to know so I can plan for enough clearance in my curio cabinet.
With the base, it is about 34 cm tall.

Here is the Vader next to Elm-Studios Emperor and the 2 licensed Stormtrooper helmets - MR CE & eFX LE:

jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #492
nec
Doh!

nec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #493
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Is that the Legend one? Do you guys think it's worth the original asking price? What's the going rate for one now?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #494
nec
Doh!

no it's the limited one and i think it's worth the price. a must have piece
Old 03-06-2013, 04:38 AM   #495
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Nice. What did you pay for it?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #496
nec
Doh!

760 €
Old 01-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #497
Darth Mystery
Loki

Owners of this prop please do not be offended.
First of all Darth Vader is my most favorite character of all times.

When eFX announced this prop i knew i was going to buy one as DV collector. At the time the pre-order for the legend was going on i had private issues going on and missed out on the legend.
Now all is going better private and so the hunt continues for one and today i found one and saw it in person for the first time.

I was SO HAPPY and couldn't wait to go see it and buy it......

When the guy showed it i was so bummed, man i pictured myself a awesome helmet. Yes it looks cool, but the materials........
Again please do not be offended (this is my opinion) I really really think this is nowhere worth near that 1500 dollars.
It might be close to screen used, but i pitty Darth Vader with that cheap material bucket. I think Sidious is a cheap ass using these materials for his apprentice

Anyone else here on the forum also seen it and had the same feelings?

Again it looks really cool from a distance, but up close.... REALLY?!!?

Ooh yes, at the end i decided not to buy it.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #498
FROBAY
Phoenix

I love my legend. It's not as neat and pretty as my master replicas vader helmet, but it's not suppose to be.

You can get more for your money with the Sideshow Vader reveal Bust.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:23 PM   #499
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Mystery View Post
Owners of this prop please do not be offended.
First of all Darth Vader is my most favorite character of all times.

When eFX announced this prop i knew i was going to buy one as DV collector. At the time the pre-order for the legend was going on i had private issues going on and missed out on the legend.
Now all is going better private and so the hunt continues for one and today i found one and saw it in person for the first time.

I was SO HAPPY and couldn't wait to go see it and buy it......

When the guy showed it i was so bummed, man i pictured myself a awesome helmet. Yes it looks cool, but the materials........
Again please do not be offended (this is my opinion) I really really think this is nowhere worth near that 1500 dollars.
It might be close to screen used, but i pitty Darth Vader with that cheap material bucket. I think Sidious is a cheap ass using these materials for his apprentice

Anyone else here on the forum also seen it and had the same feelings?

Again it looks really cool from a distance, but up close.... REALLY?!!?

Ooh yes, at the end i decided not to buy it.
I was able to get my Legend as a pre-order so I didn't have to pay up.

I know there are Vader geeks here (and on the RPF) that spend hours examining and debating which Vader helmet is the best. I value what they say and admire their dedication to the helmet, but for me this eFX helmet is all I'll ever really need.

Even as a novice Vader guy, I can spot a helmet that looks "off." I've always thought this eFX helmet looked spot on. If I can find a licensed piece that is going to hold it's value while looking good I always prefer that over a fan-made helmet.

You mentioned the materials used. I'm curious, what materials should have been used? It's all just plastic right?
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #500
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Frobay is right. the legend is supposed to have all the nooks and crannies and scrapes and cracks.
i was ecstatic at first when i found out about the legend he,emt and what efx was claiming. so i pre ordered two of the Legends when they first went up.
mainly due to the fact that EFX claimed that these helmets were going to be made form a helemt pulled from the original molds that were used for the screen used ANH helemt.
and after reading and debating on the propden forum and RPF and comparing the helmets with images of the screen used helemt and a couple of fan made helmets that have direct lineage to the actual film used helmet in ANH..it became abundantly clear that possibly the legend wasn't really what efx was claiming it was. not saying the efx didn't derive from the ANH helmet because all the helmets used in the OT derived from that helmet.
there are what you call tells on the helemt (film used) and quite a few didn't add up on the efx legend when comparing to the film used helmet and the fan made helmets that have the direct lineage. so i personally came to the conclusion (like many others) that the legend is merely a shadow of the real actual film used helmet. its merely a derivative and may not be what efx is claiming it to be,. and thats a copy of the screen used ANH helmet which was pulled from the mods of that helemt.
and reason why i sold mine and purchased fan made helmets that have direct lineage to the screen used helmets.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote