100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
just a repaint won't hurt anyone.
Wow!... Just wow!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #1002
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
It's still a fantastic piece, just have to repaint the lines a bit and give another coat of a nicer red. It's not as drastic as needing to repaint an Poison Ivy, redo the batman and his dark face, etc.

I don't know I wouldn't sell mine, I love it (although the red is garbage, and the lines are not drawn well, the face on the exclusive is not shaded at all, etc). ......LOL. NO PROBLEM JUS TYPICAL SIDESHOW HEEHEE. Everyone loves MJ, but I found the same problems with her. Her eye shadow is weak, face could use a bit more shading and the red is the same as spiderman. It's bad. BUTTTTT, they are still great sculpts, just a repaint won't hurt anyone, and to be honest, when I started collecting, I wanted unique pieces. With 1500 ES, a custom repainted spiderman is that uniqueness that I need, even if I have to pay a bit more for it.
Okay, but you are talking about repainting at least 70% of the figuring. Trying to get the shading and contrast right, and then the hours neede to do the lines correctly would be insane, and you better have steady hands. Hell I think repainting Batman's face would be child's play compared to that. Also, not everyone has that kind of skill, and they shouldnt have to. This is a QC ---- show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Wow!... Just wow!
Yep .
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #1003
Dragoncurry
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Okay, but you are talking about repainting at least 70% of the figuring. Trying to get the shading and contrast right, and then the hours neede to do the lines correctly would be insane, and you better have steady hands. Hell I think repainting Batman's face would be child's play compared to that. Also, not everyone has that kind of skill, and they shouldnt have to. This is a QC ---- show.

Yep .
Not gonna disagree with you here at all about the QC. Thankfully, the lines are sculpted, so it's easier to fix the paint on them, but for the shading on the red, i don't think that's that big a deal. Since it currently is a flat, dull, ---- red, anything is better rofl. I am not a pro painter by any means, but man...i dont know after seeing the paint job on these pieces, i feel like i can take over the world.

Quote:
Wow!... Just wow!
And talk about taking it out of context, I said a repaint won't hurt when the sculpts are good lol. It's not like you got a crap sculpt (or one that's modified from proto like Rogue's ass) and also have a crap paintjob.
Dragoncurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:23 AM   #1004
COI

Finally unboxed mine...I'm not thrilled with it. At normal viewing distance, it looks good, but the paint job absolutely falls apart under scrutiny, especially on the back (at least on mine). Lots of bleeding, residue and smudges; lines are too heavy in some places, and virtually non-existent in others. And the piece was dusty and needed to be cleaned, which I don't get.

That said, these problems go away when you stop eye-banging the thing and take a step back. And most of the problems with mine are on the upper-back, which won't really be visible. These aren't things that stand out unless you're deliberately looking for them, and the sculpt itself is fantastic, so I'm trying to decide if that's good enough for me.

Then you get up-close...

COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:29 AM   #1005
SuperJ300
Zot

He seems to match up well with the 1/4 scale PF. I had dust on mine too, wonder how long they left these out in the factory for?
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:34 AM   #1006
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Nothing better than dusting your new statue
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:12 AM   #1007
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
He seems to match up well with the 1/4 scale PF. I had dust on mine too, wonder how long they left these out in the factory for?
It's a perspective thing, due to the way I took the pictures. In person, he doesn't look bad next to 1/4 scale pieces at a glance, but he's clearly a lot smaller. I don't have a problem with mixing scales, but for those who do, there is a clear difference in size.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:03 AM   #1008
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post

That said, these problems go away when you stop eye-banging the thing and take a step back.
Exactly how I've been trying to tell everyone about any statue with minor imperfections!
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:56 AM   #1009
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
In person, he doesn't look bad next to 1/4 scale pieces at a glance, but he's clearly a lot smaller.
Probably because he's clearly a 1:5 statue
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #1010
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Probably because he's clearly a 1:5 statue
Yes, I realize that. I was responding to the comment that he "matches well" with 1/4.