Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-31-2019, 12:16 AM   #7881
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Has nothing to do with prints but just wanted to say that SS studios looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7MCazvSKw
2:40 I THINK a classic wolverine variant is basically confirmed. the host even points out "why is martin designing something thats already made?" and susan has this "busted!" look on her face

looks like the coolest place in the world to work, man what a dream come true that would be
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:40 AM   #7882
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Would be cool, although i see SS doing a variant x force before a classic var.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:12 PM   #7883
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Looks like sideshow is now increasing prices for art prints from unframed 90.00 to 100.00 and framed from 250.00 to 325.00. Shipping also went up by 5.00 unframed and frame I'm sure a good amount more as well. They are just making it harder and harder to collect these things.
Looks like the frames are wood now instead of plastic.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:18 PM   #7884
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Looks like the frames are wood now instead of plastic.
Which is better? Wood would get damage easier right? I don't know. The framed prints went up from 250.00 to is it 375.00? That's a lot more.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:32 PM   #7885
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Which is better? Wood would get damage easier right? I don't know. The framed prints went up from 250.00 to is it 375.00? That's a lot more.
The frames they were using are not good at all. The last few purchases I had framed locally. Much better glass and frame for around the same price. And now if it’s 350$ or more than I’m only buying unframed from now on.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:31 PM   #7886
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Technically they are digital movie cells.
printed on paper though.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:18 PM   #7887
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

My Rogues Gallery framed canvas arrived today, but sadly, the frame was damaged. I’m disappointed to say that the packaging on this is pretty piss-poor. Their framed prints are packaged very well as I have purchased 5 previously, but this framed canvas was just put in a corrugated box with bubble wrap placed on the corners. Will have to send back for a full refund I’m afraid. The canvas itself though looks fantastic.

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:18 PM   #7888
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

My Rogues Gallery framed canvas arrived today, but sadly, the frame was damaged. I’m disappointed to say that the packaging on this is pretty piss-poor. Their framed prints are packaged very well as I have purchased 5 previously, but this framed canvas was just put in a corrugated box with bubble wrap placed on the corners. Will have to send back for a full refund I’m afraid. The canvas itself though looks fantastic.

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #7889
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post

Sorry to hear that. Was the box bashed up? Seems like the box is a lot thinner for this to save on shipping. For a 500.00 item they need to use a bigger box. This sold out so you probably won't get another. Ask SS to get a frame replacment or keep the canvas and buy a aftermarket frame. Otherwise you will lose out on this.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:24 PM   #7890
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Sad indeed... at least its just the frame which should be easier to swap than getting a new canvas...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote