Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #461
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Any other crazy idiots getting both this one AND the Fabok? Jim Lee and Jason Fabok Batman side by side?!

#mindblown
I am. I want different representations of Batman; not just one suit. I've been collecting since the 80's, so it's nice to see different suits.

That said, I hope they fix the missing fins on the gloves of the Fabok statue. That's a big miss on Prime 1's part.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:18 PM   #462
shooterch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yes...but they have to add the fins on the gloves/gauntlets for the Jason Fabok statue.

The Batman suit needs these!!!
shooterch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:36 PM   #463
batmbeyond
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I am. I want different representations of Batman; not just one suit. I've been collecting since the 80's, so it's nice to see different suits.

Yes, I want different interpretations and artist renderings of Batman! Love the Capullo Zero Year, so much debate between 1/4 vs 1/3 scale and price point. With all that aside , its an amazing statue.

That said, I hope they fix the missing fins on the gloves of the Fabok statue. That's a big miss on Prime 1's part.
Good eye! Still like the piece.
batmbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:54 AM   #464
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterch View Post
Yes...but they have to add the fins on the gloves/gauntlets for the Jason Fabok statue.

The Batman suit needs these!!!
I agree 100%! Hard to believe that they missed that. It's most definitely on the original artwork by Fabok. That's an oversight that must be corrected.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #465
Cmac
Mephisto

I saw a posted reply from Fabok to somebody on the FB forum and he stated that the fins are there on the 3D model but are on the back of the arm. He also stated that the 3D model is more accurate than his art, which he had to bend the rules of perspective for effect.

I'm sure they were on the 3D model with him stating that, but I wonder if they made it to the prototype? Very hard to tell.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:51 AM   #466
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I like the Fabok Batman piece...

But this Hush Batman Cave is the Great Of All Time Batman.....so far.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:37 PM   #467
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

What’s with all the electronics out of scale with Batman?
Old 03-13-2021, 04:05 PM   #468
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
It is "supposed" to be some sensor in the cave.

Personally, I think they tried forced perspective and completely failed. When people pointed it out to them they said it was a sensor and a couple of days later, they had an extension arm under the screen so it would face up.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:11 PM   #469
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Quote:
It is "supposed" to be some sensor in the cave.

Personally, I think they tried forced perspective and completely failed. When people pointed it out to them they said it was a sensor and a couple of days later, they had an extension arm under the screen so it would face up.
Normally the Electronics in the Batcave are entire walls of computers screens i'd say about minimum 8 feet tall...by what 15-20 feet wide? Being this is the Batcave version, they wanted to include some sort of computer so they have a mini computer LED screen right under his hand.

I think this piece is flawless and if people are trying to take this $1600+ masterpiece down a peg over the fact that it doesn't true-to-scale wall to wall computers accurately represented...the problem ain't with Prime 1's art direction.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:31 PM   #470
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I like the Fabok Batman piece...

But this Hush Batman Cave is the Great Of All Time Batman.....so far.

by far. it's no contest. That smirk...done deal. I'm serious when i say i don't see how another Batman statue will ever top this Batcave Version.

the Fabok is a nice piece but even with the cape all blown up like Marilyn Monroe's dress, it doesn't pack the punch this thing does. It's not as powerful as this piece. just look at the suit and physique of this HUSH sculpt vs the Fabok bats...HUSH just looks MUCH stronger.

it's a GREAT time to be a Bat collector. Something for everyone. These things ain't cheap and take up a TON of space. Respect to Fabok fans, but JIM LEE is JIM LEE. And nothing is better than Jim Lee's Batman...well...maybe his X-Men...you get the point.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote