Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > European Union

Old 04-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #131
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Wow. That's quite the repertoire you have there, Vin. I must admit that I don't like spending much money on alcoholic beverages, unless it's a special occassion. That's why I buy Yellow Tail. Are there any others similar to that which you might suggest for such a stingy wino like me? I also used to be a heavy drinker, but I really got carried away, often (more often than not) drinking a bit over a bottle of tasty vodka per day. It really did kill me completely for purchasing expensive alcohol. I'll still grab the occassional bottle of 12 year Jameson though.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #132
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Wow. That's quite the repertoire you have there, Vin. I must admit that I don't like spending much money on alcoholic beverages, unless it's a special occassion. That's why I buy Yellow Tail. Are there any others similar to that which you might suggest for such a stingy wino like me? I also used to be a heavy drinker, but I really got carried away, often (more often than not) drinking a bit over a bottle of tasty vodka per day. It really did kill me completely for purchasing expensive alcohol. I'll still grab the occassional bottle of 12 year Jameson though.
I hear ya! Everything is good but only in moderation!

As for other things to try!

Try,

Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon (California) ~$9/1.5lt
Kangaroo Crossing Shiraz (Australia)~$10/1.5lt

And as for the Jameson's that would be the 1780 correct. If you like that try the Tullamore Dew! it is great too!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #133
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post
I hear ya! Everything is good but only in moderation!

As for other things to try!

Try,

Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon (California) ~$9/1.5lt
Kangaroo Crossing Shiraz (Australia)~$10/1.5lt

And as for the Jameson's that would be the 1780 correct. If you like that try the Tullamore Dew! it is great too!

VR
Well, I was thinking about going to the store for some wine soon. I'll have to take a peek and see if my local booze store supplies those and give them a whirl. Thanks for all the suggestions, Vman.

Yeah, the 12 year Jameson I drink is the 1780. I still haven't tried the 18 year, but I'll give it a shot one o' these days. I still go for the regular Jameson from time to time. Well, I'm off the local purveyer of hootch. Glug, glug.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #134
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Hey Barb.

You should definetly check out Sverige.

I have been there a couple of times, nice place.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #135
VinReaper

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Hey Barb.

Beautiful women!!!

Killer food!

Always a place open to get a coffee!

VR
Old 04-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #136
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Hey Barb.

Quote:
Beautiful women!!!

Killer food!

Always a place open to get a coffee!

VR
I think you guys may have just talked me into it. I'll have to go some day soon. I'll have to get busy creating a realistic time frame in which to go.

By the way, Vin... no dice on those wines you suggested at the local hootch shop. I'll have to look somewhere else.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #137
VinReaper

Cool

Quote:
I think you guys may have just talked me into it. I'll have to go some day soon. I'll have to get busy creating a realistic time frame in which to go.

By the way, Vin... no dice on those wines you suggested at the local hootch shop. I'll have to look somewhere else.
Sorry to hear! But I am sure that they will be able to recommend others that also deliver great quality for great value!

Let me know how it goes!

VR
Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #138
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Sorry to hear! But I am sure that they will be able to recommend others that also deliver great quality for great value!

Let me know how it goes!

VR
I'll let you know. But chances are that I may just stick with Yellow Tail. If I hit the local Costco, it's so cheap, it's not even funny. If I get in the mood for something different, I know of a place or two I could go to find a better selection of wines. Thanks, brother.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #139
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Think I'll be going easy with a nice hearty wine the color of blood. Wish I had some good mead...or even bad mead. What say you, protector?
Tonight, I set sail to the Island of Manhattan; one of my favorite places to sail. 2 oz Wild Turkey, an oz of sweet vermouth, a few shakes of bitters and a drop of sweet cherry juice. Shake 'til I can no longer hold the frozen chrome shaker and enjoy w/ a little Sinatra. Might even sail there twice tonight, I'm feeling good.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #140
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Tonight, I set sail to the Island of Manhattan; one of my favorite places to sail. 2 oz Wild Turkey, an oz of sweet vermouth, a few shakes of bitters and a drop of sweet cherry juice. Shake 'til I can no longer hold the frozen chrome shaker and enjoy w/ a little Sinatra. Might even sail there twice tonight, I'm feeling good.
Nice pic. Right before he passes out in his soup. That all sounds good except the Sinatra...no offense, of course. So, are we talking about sailing in the literal sense? That would friggin' rock! Us Vikings have sailing coursing through our veins.