Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #411
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"For over 2000 years, the Knights of Malta have trained one special woman in each generation to be the Magdalena -- the official warrior protector of the Catholic Church. Across the millennia, the Magdalenas, official warrior protectors of the Catholic Church have battled in secret, protecting humanity from the supernatural threats and evil that would tear our world apart. XM's Magdalena is up for PO this 21st July, Friday at 11 p.m (Singapore time zone). ES will be low and limited based on orders - once orders are finalized, edition size is set and never to be reproduced again."

XM Studios Facebook

New Page >>> XM Studios Europe Facebook <<< New Page

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #412
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Looks okay to me.....still a pass!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #413
qz33
Rescue

What a good looking statue! I like the hooded portrait much better than the other but still don't like the welded on hair.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #414
WolverineFan
I am da law!

As someone who is completely unbiased and knows nothing about this character or how she is really supposed to look, I can say this statue doesn't look bad. I personally like the hooded face better not a fan of the other face at all. I've bought statues before of characters I'm not as familiar with because I was super impressed with everything about it, a good example is Namor but this statue doesn't fall into that category. If I didn't know any better, I would say she was from Assasins Creed and that's not a knock on her but she looks like she would fit right in.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #415
zhiro
Kindly Asked To Leave

I like magdalena. Is the neck to long? The portrait is ok. Specially the hooded one
zhiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #416
ukshaun
Hercules

Looks good. Good to see they fixed the hair over the face/nose issue
To be honest, i don't see the need for the extra 'angel' statue. I would imagine that has added to the price, box-size, shipping costs, import duty. This statue is probably out of my price range.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #417
Spam Filter
The Herculoids

Does that angel statue come with it? I'd much prefer without it.
Spam Filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #418
Garentz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Seriously tell me that's a joke. XM didn't fix anything, this is still the same statue that we saw previously with all the defaults already mentionned but with two things removed so it's even worst.

They remove the katana display heading down, there is only the katana heading up excepted if i'm wrong and the katana is removable with a magnet in the hand.

They also removed the left arm holding the lance which was nice for people who wanted to display the lance in the left hand and the gun in the right hand.

But anyway it doesn't change anything, there were many things to correct and they didn't rework a single thing. They really believe we are going to buy their pieces just because this is XM ?

Well that's an easy pass, 1000€ saved ^^
Garentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #419
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garentz View Post
Seriously tell me that's a joke. XM didn't fix anything, this is still the same statue that we saw previously with all the defaults already mentionned but with two things removed so it's even worst.

They remove the katana display heading down, there is only the katana heading up excepted if i'm wrong and the katana is removable with a magnet in the hand.

They also removed the left arm holding the lance which was nice for people who wanted to display the lance in the left hand and the gun in the right hand.

But anyway it doesn't change anything, there were many things to correct and they didn't rework a single thing. They really believe we are going to buy their pieces just because this is XM ?

Well that's an easy pass, 1000€ saved ^^
Looks like XM decided not to give a sh*t about what we think. Oh well, going to vote with my wallet. My bank account, wife, and wallet will be a lot happier.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #420
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
An Angry portrait would have been nice, but there's always the custom route. After not getting the switch out portraits I wanted to see on Electro and Namor, I have resigned myself to paying extra for custom heads.

My big issue is the base color. It has the exact same problem as Black Panther. Dark colored character disappearing into a dark colored base. Even Batman and Darkness (two of XM favorites) suffer from this issue.

The one thing is that Darkness is supposed to disappear into the base...more or less. His green costume definitely stands out amongst the rest...but he shouldn't be so stark that he sticks out like a sore thumb. Black Panther and the base I can kind of see.
Batman's base is so small and unobtrusive that I disagree with that as well. Batman by no means disappears on that base.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote